Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm in the Pink & Kitties Galore

I spent some time with Lucy this morning and then off to have the dreaded 'squeeze' done. The yearly mammogram. "ouch!" but I survived. I'm sitting there waiting my turn and the lady that does the x-rays starts talking about her new kitten. All righty, this is ok...I'm not nervous any more. Let's talk about cats! I ended up giving lots of advise on ways to help with cats that scratch everything but the kitchen sink and I gave my opinion (rather loudly) on the declawing controversy.  I think I changed her mind :) and she actually thanked me for my advice and information. Then she said, ' here goes........*squeeeeeeeeeze*.




Lucy will be happy to know that her owners are coming home early as their holidays are cut short. She has been so good and so sweet. 2 more days, Luc and your bed buddies will be back.


I don't get time to miss Bud & Chase as I am back looking after them tomorrow. Yah!


Jewel & Angel will be under my care as of Wednesday. It's been awhile since I have cared for them and I can't wait.


Baby (oh! Baby) I can't wait to hold you. I start with her on Saturday.


Baby wants you to know that she has lost 3 lbs. I  hope it hasn't changed her personality. I don't want this diva attitude as she strutts the cat-walk to her diamond- studded kitty bowl. I liked the rolly-polly, happy, purry, smooshie, squeezie Baby. Don't let your knew waistline go to your head, Baby girl. Can't wait to see you!




   



8 comments:

  1. Ah, nothing like the old boobie squeeeeeze! But it's important to do. I lost a good friend in her mid-forties to breast cancer.

    Hmph...Baby the Cat will probably be "All That and a Bag of Chips" now that she's thinner...my Grayce is a whole new crazy kitty since she slimmed down! I never knew she was so athletic. Especially at 3 AM.

    *sigh*

    MomKat Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb I had my annual 'boob smash' as I call it last week. Gotta do it!! So many lovely cats! I envy you getting to love on so many babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    I just had the new digital mamo and it doesn't involve all that squeezing. It was so easy and painless.

    Sweet big ole fat kitty.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL to the cartoon!
    Good you takes good care of you, you has lots of little kitties that depends on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for getting the 'girls' taken care of Deb! I would like to try Sissie aboves digital mamo ~ sounds way better then the old squeeze the boobets into little pancakes routine ~ no?

    Hooray for Baby for losing 3 lbs! Woot woot!

    Have a Healthy Happy week!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby is looking a little gaunt! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had another form of cancer in 2003 and my doctor thought I should start mammograms (I was 37), so I've had quite a few (they found a spot on one breast that eventually turned out to be benign, so I went through ultrasounds and mammograms every 6 months for 2 years)...It is so important to be pro active with your health, never put the tests off=none are any fun, but they are so important!...Baby is a real doll!...Looking forward to seeing her new pictures of Baby!...Have a great Tuesday, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the giggle today...that cartoon is cute.
    Hugs to you my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete