Here is list of a few things that were on the agenda for this in-home cat-sitter this holiday weekend:
1. Feed and fresh water for all kitties ...check
2. Clean 8 litter boxes...check
3. Give hairball medicine to 2 cats...check
4. Attempt to give antibiotics to kitty with anal gland problems, go second round, put soft food on pill and try to trick her, go fourth round, plead with her to let you put your fingers in her mouth without her biting you, go fifth round... check
5. Apply hot compresses to tabby cat's butt twice daily... check
6. Apologize profusely to above cat...check
7. Run up and down hallway with a ribbon and a feather attached to amuse kitties (I can't imagine what some of them were thinking) ...check8. Roll ball down hall 122 times for two heavy-weights...check
9. Pick up some little gifts that were left on the floor by the litter-box..."Gee..thanks guys!" ...check
10. Sweep the cat-litter that has been thrown out of 8 litter-boxes that cover an area from Carleton Place to Almonte by the above cats who LOVE TO PLAY in the sandbox...check
I had fun with this list because cat's are hilarious and I really didn't mind any of it. It's all in a day's work for any cat-sitter. oh, and did I mention something that every one of these scalliwaggs did this weekend. They made sure I didn't leave without a hug and a loud purr to remember them.
Ever feel like you're being watched?
"Let's talk turkey, lady"
Here is the view from Emmi & Didi's window.
Woah! those are strange eyes.
OK..so the job's not all cherries in a bowl. #1 perk (we all have them)
"Bye, Evee." Let me take in one more hug.
After taking care of all the cats I then went home and played maid to all of mine. Gotta love'em!
Hope you had a great turkey with stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, veggies, pumpkin pie with whipped cream and mile-high apple pie with vanilla ice cream filled Canadian Thanksgiving and a fun weekend. I did celebrate just like all other Canadians did . Mmmmm...cranberries.