Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

A sunny spot for tea

Each time I visit one of my kitty-clients,  I leave a note for the owner before leaving.. 'Last Visit' began my notes for  Smudge & Josephine today.



I like the owners to know how the cat did from the first visit right through to the last. It helps them to feel more relaxed for future travelling.


Back home, when the sun pours into the dining-room, I want to sit down and enjoy a cup of tea. One of my favorite tea-pots to use for 1 or 2 cups is this little gift from my daughter, Jess when she worked in South Korea.

The tea-cups are from a different tea-set that was a gift from my youngest, Allie.
My girls treat me well.
It was a chamomile tea with honey (mmmmm...honey) kind of day. The first cup of this tea I down like I'm just back from 4 days in the desert. The second cup, I sip.
The sun is just pouring in the window and Sierra is almost weak from delight.
Ever feel like a monkey might be watching you?
"I noticed you have a 2nd cup there. Got Milk!"
I'm linking up with http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/ for Teacup Tuesday.

hugs, Deb

14 comments:

  1. How sweet, she's certainly keeping an eye on you !
    The teapot is just lovely, very unusual, and the very fact it was chosen from your daughter, makes it even moere special.
    So thoughtful of you to keep clients informed.
    Have a lovely weekend Deb !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee...Heh...I think I love the guy who spy on you ; )
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely tea pot -- it's always nice to use special things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely teapot! Your girls are so sweet. I love Sierra in the sun and the 'monkey' is such a cutie and is keeping you company for sure. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats just love warmth and sunshine is really special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. You said your dog takes awhile to meet people. Hiker is just the opposite. She loves meeting new people. I was lucky to adopt a dog with such a great disposition.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats and tea!!!! What better a pairing. I'll be right over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww, the photo with the kitty in the sun is so precious! and i had to laugh about the comment 'got milk' Every morning at breakfast, Angel-Kitty gets on the counter when I pour my son his glass of milk for breakfast because she has to have her milk too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb,
    What a delightful post! I love the names of the kitties; especially 'Smudge' and 'Sierra'!
    Your teapot is quite unique and a wonderful gift from your daughter. Love the white teacups too. Thanks for sharing this with us and for joining me for tea today. Wishing you a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always nice to have your kitties join us for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to meet your feline friends. I have an office assistant who was interested...The china is fun and I love the look of the Victorian recipe book! Haven't seen that one before!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb, I really enjoy seeing all the kitties! Your teapot from Korea is a real gem and your chamomile tea with honey sounds delicious. I think I need a cuppa right now!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh The Kitties are so sweet! love the unusual tea pot and the pretty white cups :)

    ReplyDelete