Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

"What's new, pussycat?"


I knew something didn't look right with my table in the shade. Now I'm happy. :)

The daisies will soon be gone so I am enjoying them everyday.

We had rain over-night and now the heat and humidity is back. It's so hot today. :(
But, I only have to think of our winters and it doesn't seem so exhausting.

The garden is growing and I have just found fifteen tiny green tomatoes on the plants. I look forward to the day I can pick one off the vine for lunch. The cucumbers are growing and I've just picked my second zucchini off the vine. I'm making stuffed zucchini boats for dinner. Drop by later for recipe.

Mr. & Mrs. Cardinal are back now hopefully for awhile. They visit the feeders each day and add a bright spot to the area.
The Mourning Doves arrive early each morning and again at dinner time. I'm hoping to see some baby doves soon.
But, no sign of my beloved Chickadee. I have not heard the familiar "chick-a-dee-dee-dee" for over a month now. Last year they did the same thing...lived here all year except for the months of May & June, then returned with their wee ones. :) I'm looking forward to that.

                              =^..^= =^..^=

                     "What's new, pussycat?" 

                             Pussycat, pussycat, I love you
                                                Yes, I do
                              You and your pussycat nose.


This cat is adored.
Annie is on a mission these days.
She spends most of her days in the garage, very still and facing the east wall,  in hopes to catch another free-loading mouse.
She's obsessed...
until dinner time.
The audacious one has to be swept off her feet for a photo these days.
I told her you were all going to forget about her if she didn't come out of her hidey-hole.
This is a rare capture without the scowl.
And I had to reward her with a freeze-dried chicken treat for her patience. 

"I'll count to three..."

Enjoy your day, everyone.
hugs, Deb

14 comments:

  1. We have rain today--pretty hard, but the garden needs it. That Audrey is just so adorable and reminds me a lot of Clara. Love those grey cats, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little sitting spot is perfect, and your gorgeous flowers make it even more so.
    Sweet little Annie, and the forever audacious Audrey, how I love seeing them !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I love the pretty daisies. We could use a kitty like your cute Annie here, the mice can be a problem living near the woods. Enjoy your day and have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little table in the shade is lovely, Deb! Perfect place for a glass of wine in the evenings! Oh, that little peach - she has the cutest face...and that Audrey - she's a feisty one, isn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Audrey...how I have missed you! and of course sweet Annie..I adore you also! Daisies are such happy flowers aren't they? Hope you are enjoying these hot summer days Deb! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audrey, you little minx! Hoping you'll 'score' another mouse, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The daisy splash is absolutely PERFECT!! Love those kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those daisies look so charming in that bucket! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The daisies really do make the little table perfect. Annie is adorable with that little peach nose, and Audrey looks like she is doing you a big favor. I love the picture of you and Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our in home pet sitting services in MO, Ballwin, Chesterfield, Manchester, and St. Louishelps your pet to exercise, practice the basic commands. We also offer cat sitting services to our potential clients.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely wild daisies , I to have been collecting wild daisies from the field beside us and my Shasta daisy plant I planted in memory of my sister is blooming wonderfully to ! Lovely photos . Sounds like your gardens are all doing well . I will be planting veggies next year . The temps have been cool the past few days much appreciated but badly need rain here so dry . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daisies are my favorite flower... next would be sunflowers. Your new camera takes great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pic of you and Princess Audrey!

    ReplyDelete