Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Suet

For you, Nicole.                   

                                    Homemade Bird Suet

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup lard
2 cups corn meal
1 cup flour
2 cups rolled oats

Thicken with peanuts, bird seed and cranberries or apple pieces.

You can also add sugar free cereal.
Line muffin tins with plastic wrap
fill and pop into freezer
remove from tins and place in plastic bag. Keep frozen

*Tweet Tweet*

I made another batch for our resident birds and purchased 100 lbs of seed this week. That should keep them happy for awhile.
The feeders have come up to the front from the wood-lot now and I'm hoping the shy birds will pull up their britches and join the others at the feeding stations. Juncos are back; chickadees and blue-jays are plentiful and our beautiful red cardinals and mates have returned. :)

I'll be back. My connection is bad today and I can't upload photos. 

hugs, Deb





10 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful feast for the little tweeters. Happy Thanksgiving. hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! That sounds like a great suet recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very happy birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And for me, too, because I couldn't find it from last year! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hundred pounds! That should indeed keep 'em going for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I just got home from the grocery store! Your suet recipe sounds simple, and I really want to try making it. I will get everything on my next trip to town Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to so this for all the beautiful birds that visit our yard! Happy Holidays to you my friend, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Deb. I really appreciate you taking the time to republish this wonderful recipe and, as promised, this time I will make several copies ;)

    ReplyDelete