Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2020

A little update...


It's daisy time here at Fox Grove.
Never have I thought of them as a weed, though.
They are my favorite June flower.
My mom loved them, too and called them the 'happy flower'.

We have been very lucky here this spring 
with nesting birds. Tree swallows, wrens and phoebes have 
all raised their young on our property inside the houses.
And the phoebe shown below sitting
on our milkweed is on her second batch.
(or is it clutch?)
Isn't she a sweetheart

I had a birthday this month and decided it was high-time I bought myself a garden shed.
I bought it big enough to be a garden/potting shed that will hold a small sink.
I can't wait to get the shelves up and start decorating but right now it is being stained
and the door is yet to go on.
Maybe another day or two.
I'm like a kid at Christmas. :-)

I love the shadows from our sumacs.

Do you remember my neighbour, David?
He is always waiting for me in the woodlot to rub his belly
and tell him to be careful and stay out of trouble.
=^..^=

The little chip under our old pump is named Ernie
and he is becoming quite a character.

He is much like our old Simon who lived here for four years.
And most probably an off-spring. How I loved Simon.
He is a bit of glutton that Ernie and 
believes that you should eat whenever the opportunity presents itself.
That's him inside the bird feeder.


I hope everyone is well. We have had a warm and sunny June and expect a few more days of high temps before the rain comes.
We do need rain, though. It's very dry here.

The cats are well although we are still struggling a bit with Cora's skin issues.
She has been to the vet and is now on a new food in case she has an allergy to something in her diet. And Wilson waits patiently for her to want to play again as he misses her game of running the stairs in the evening. We hope she is back to her old self soon.

I'll be back to show you around Fox Grove again soon.
Be well,
Deb




7 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! It's always great to see you back in blogland. I am so excited for you getting the garden shed! I know you have wanted one for a long time and I also know you will certainly make good use of it.

    Ernie looks like he is quite comfortable with his home under the pump and also enjoying the many delicious food buffets you offer at Fox Grove!

    I'm sorry to hear that Cora is still having skin issues. Bless her heart, I hope she feels better soon so she and Wilson can play.

    Take care Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday!
    Hope the food change makes a difference for Cora...and therefore, for Wilson too.
    When we had some of our plumbing worked on, The Hubby had the guy add a outside spigot on the south side of the house; previously, we only had one on the north side. We had to use a really long hose to water anything in the yard, but now I have one right next to my newest updated garden, and couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Cora is better soon. It's good to see life in your world. Love that sweet Ernie. I think you hit the jackpot! It all looks good and so happy, Deb. And three cheers with the shed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well nothing brightens my day like seeing a post from you. Happy Birthday! A garden shed, what a perfect gift for you. I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see it all finished...and a sink! I've wanted a sink in my little place, forever! A place to wash off vegetables from the garden. I dream big, but settle for whatever turns out. :)

    I hope little Cora gets better. Kitties sometimes outgrow problems, don't they? You know Dumperoo has had problems his whole life with throwing up. I mean, every kind of food, especially dry food, and hairballs. But lately he has been eating like a horse and keeping it down. He even has a little fat tummy. I'm so glad.

    Ernie is adorable. He's just got to be kin to Simon; inside the bird feeder!

    Hope Wilson is doing good. Sure miss you all. Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a proper birthday present! Many years of fun to be had there. I hope you soon get to the bottom of Cora's skin problems. A happy daisy post, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing about your sweet country life! Congrats on your birthday and a wonderful new shed! J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I saw that you had bought a garden shed, I thought it was already built and they brought it to your property, but it looks like you are building it. So is it a kit that you bought? It looks lovely....I love the pitch of the rafters.

    ReplyDelete