Pages

Monday, August 16, 2021

Back to the garden.

 It's cooled off for a few days so back in the garden we go.

Lots of weeding was done, watering everything was a must and now the blooms need cutting.

I'm not great at that. Every time I snip one I'm afraid it won't bloom again. But, lo and behold there are more blooms in a few days.

Dahlias...what is not to love.



A few dahlias and phlox as a fragrant addition to the birthday bouquet.

Peter kept me company in the garden today. He munched on clover and promised not to eat my dahlias.
I don't know...do you trust him?
I warned him St. Francis is watching him.


I moved my string plants and now have bottles of cut blooms in the kitchen.
Much more summery.
The cats haven't found them yet. lol

I just wanted to pop in and wish you a good week ahead.
Get outdoors as much as you can and maybe don't watch the news at night.

be kind
Deb

8 comments:

  1. Fortunately for him, Peter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cruel world out there; the garden is peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how tall your Dahlias have grown to be! They are so pretty! Peter looks happy. Hopefully he can't reach the Dahlias to eat them. Do you have trouble with deer eating them? I have heard quite often how much deer love to munch on flowers.

    I agree with you about the news. It's just too depressing these days. Enjoy your beautiful garden and home and give Cora and Wilson some scritches and love from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dahlias are stunners -- gorgeous and so generous with their blooms. I hope Peter stays in your good graces. He is a cutie -- can't deny it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb - loved seeing your beautiful dahlias, and that Peter looks like a big bunny! We have a quite large one whom must be the mom perhaps to the baby one who is "eating us out of house and home" - they are so cute though. Now that the garden looks very sad from the heat and humidity of August - I really don't mind what they eat.
    Thanks for your kind comment on the the photos of us in the sunflower field - aging is not kind but we try to make the best of what we have each day, lol!
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. your dahlias are beautiful!
    glad your still surviving & you seem to be thriving as well.
    we are doing okay over here too, Queenslanders are behaving themselves & so not too many lockdowns as the other states; we had a very chilly winter but now it's starting to warm up already, getting ready for spring.
    great posts (caught up with previous too)
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. How the heck did I miss this post! You are beautiful there in the garden cutting dahlias. Never seen such pretty dahlias either. Peter is a fine looking rabbit; much bigger and healthier looking than our Wilder. Wonder if bunnies do like dahlias??

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, I have decided to forego the news for a while........it messes with my serenity, and there's nothing I can do to change it anyway.

    ReplyDelete