Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

A special birthday

I made a promise to myself at the start of the year that I would focus on my health, both mind and body,  and all that goes with it. I lost a good friend to cancer last year and today would have been her 55th birthday. Although the loss of a friend is harder than I can put into words, this experience taught me well. Today will be filled with thoughts of Christine. 



One thing I am looking forward to that involves keeping healthy and happy is to shop at the Farmers Market in Carleton Place. This will open soon (May 14) and all the local farmers sell their vegetables, fruit, preserves, teas, and so on from their outdoor tables. I promise I will bring you along to enjoy the experience.

This day did not pass without a laugh or two. Sitting with Riley this morning, I got to experience her desire to make a fashionista out of her best bud, Ozzie.

Hugs, Deb

4 comments:

  1. It is so important that we take good care of ourselves..for sure. Love the fashionista Ozzie..too cute! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You honor your friend by taking care of yourself.
    And I'm so glad you got a good laugh today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat picture cracks me up!! Sorry about the loss of your friend. I am trying to do better with taking care of me... both kids have been away at college, so I have a bit more time after work to do the things I need to for myself. Have been walking 30-40 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week, for several months, have been eating more veggies , but my clothes don't seem to fit any differently. Really frustrating! My husband has lost about 20 pounds. I don't think I've lost any. How unfair is this????

    ReplyDelete