Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

a little addition

I found this while walking Kane the other day.
 It was sitting at the road with large pieces of furniture that someone was giving away FREE. It was ugly but I knew it would look ok if painted white.

 Pretty china makes any old thing come to life.


Audrey and Ruby have worn themselves out again on the stairs. It was like watching the Indianapolis 500 all weekend.
Ruby had her favorite spot for napping.

Ruby & Hugo are heading home tonight. It was fun having them but not near the fun that Audrey had. Now it will be back to all the shenanigans we see as a result of  her pent up energy. I play with this kitten every night after dinner. We have a feather on a rope, a mouse on a rope, balls, furry mice, a cat-dancer and so on but nothing replaces another young cat. NO...I am not getting her a permanent friend to play with. I enjoy our evening play-time and she will soon grow up to be just as lazy as the rest of them.

Off to walk Kanie. We are having the best weather you could ask for.
Hope you are, too.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims in Colorado. I am so saddened by the state of our world.

hugs, Deb

7 comments:

  1. I love you little find!
    Naomi does a reasonably good job of wearing Emily out, even though Naomi is turning four this year. It helps, but Emily is still VERY active. Glad Audrey had a fun visit with Ruby and Hugo.

    Hasn't the weather been lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That Audrey gives me such joy from afar. Yes, most anything looks good with some pretties in it. And that coat of paint helped that trash to treasure right away. I agree about the tragedy. So sad.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find !
    It lookes very pretty in white and with your beutiful china in it !
    Giggles about = Like watching Indianapolis 500 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Ruby can come for more frequent visits! So fun to hear about them two have so much fun together.

    I'm amazed you can paint something with cats in the same room. So many of my cats are so curious and insist on helping out. With my gang, painting and cats just don't mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. White paint is a miracle worker, isn't it? Looks great. That Audrey is one beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about getting her to chase a shoelace up and down the stairs to tucker her out? How funny, we can just picture the two sisters playing together.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that little shelf. I agree everything looks good with a coat of white paint!! Love the stories of the little munchkins...but yes they will get older and sleep like all the others! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete