Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cinnamon sugar

Me and Audrey.

We like the same tv shows.
Plus she gets a massage once I sit down for the night. It's our time and no other feline is allowed up here; especially her mother. That is the one time mommy gets the bite on the behind instead of the other way around.

I think I may have to carve one of these this Halloween. I know I have lots of pipe-cleaners around to make the whiskers since they are one of the most fun things for cats to play with. Annie likes to carry one around in her mouth and  I always have a few in my cat-bag.

Love the old chair. It makes me think of the style of chair my grandmother had in her kitchen.

And I found a new coffee mug for the Fall.

All the colours of Autumn.
I keep a dish of cinnamon sugar in the kitchen for cool mornings like this.
Sprinkled on ancient grain toast and a hot coffee starts the morning right.

Mr. Bumble from Oliver Twist & kitchen company.  

 Cinnamon Sugar Blend
1/4 cup of sugar (I use brown)
1tbsp of cinnamon

store in a container with a lid or a shaker.

One of the comforts of Fall.

hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. I just wish Audrey could talk, I bet she could talk up a storm!! Thanks for sharing her, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, I love your Fall pictures in the sidebar. I went to the market and got my Mums this morning. I made your Whole wheat, blueberry banana muffins yesterday and they are delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother used to make cinnamon sugar and keep it on hand for a special treat. Like your new Autumn mug. I definitely think a Kitty-O-Lantern would be appropriate! Hugs to you and Audacious Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey is so precious! Our cats like the same TV shows we watch, too--time to snuggle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pumpkin! And I love your special time with Audrewy. It's really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the best job playing with cats!!! This is going to be a fun -filled fall, I can feel it in my bones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audrey's massage made me think of how much Ghost loves to be *brushed*. It's her favorite thing in the whole world... even more than food... and that's something.

    And we too like cinnamon toast or cinnamon/sugar on our french toast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We know it has been some time but we did want to tell you how very much we appreciate all the kinds words of compassion you left us for over the loss of our dearly beloved Abby. We are humbled by all the support and love we received and there is no way we can tell you how much it meant to us.

    xoxoxo
    Angel Abby & Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can practically hear her purr in that first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom loved cinnamon toast! Isn't it funny how each cat carves out a territory that is just for them to spend time with you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweetie Audrey is. I bet your cinn/sugar would be delicious on oatmeal, too. What a great new mug. I am certainly ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything from this post! Both of you look so happy and relaxed sitting in that lovely chair!Audrey´s moment!
    I like the coffee mug with Oliver Twist scenes a lot and I love annie´s sweet little face she is my weakness♥
    Cinnamon sugar blend sounds great!

    ReplyDelete