Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

It's that time again to store some nuts

Someone has spent much of the morning watching the squirrels scamper back and forth looking for food to store.
Yes, it's that time again. They are very busy collecting anything they can eat. 
I noticed one yesterday burying something.
Next Spring we will find walnut trees growing in the oddest places.

"Those things are real nut-jobs."
I had a bit of fun with the old step-back cupboard again.
I love changing things up for the seasons.
And with a dizzy dog and a retired-guy down for the count (pulled a muscle in his back
pushing rocks around) I've been house-bound more and drinking lots of tasty tea. 
I'm also still purging 'stuff' that I no longer want or need. I could probably do this until I am down to one tea-pot but I will stop myself at a reasonable point. Some things you just can't let go of.

I have one kitty to cat-sit for this weekend. It's so odd to see my calendar almost empty. Most of my clients have now been given another cat-sitters' name to interview for future travelling. Its been hard to 'close down' my service but life moves on and changes are inevitable. I really hope to keep in touch with all my clients when we have finally moved on to our lot. I will, no doubt, be back and forth enough just visiting the family to drop in to say "hi" to my old charges. I already miss them.

The sun is peaking through the trees right now so it promises to be a nice, Fall day. I plan to get Kane out for a slow walk today if he is up for it.  The dairy queen is on the agenda, too. The old guy deserves a plain soft ice cream baby cone for the week he has put in. Bless his heart.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.
I wish you all Peace and Happiness.

hugs, Deb  

10 comments:

  1. Ah Audrey, those critters do seem like nut-cases! I love your new arrangement. I'm sure it's sad to shut down your business but you are entering another phase of your life now? Blessings Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupboard has me ready to go and seasonly update my own.
    Wishing Kane sunshine and dry leaves to snuffle through -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey! Audrey! Pay attention....! :).
    "Why do squirrels swim on their backs...."?
    HeHe! "To keep their nuts dry". :>).

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you deserve a treat at dairy queen, too.... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got cats in the window too--birds and squirrels. I love the autumn touches to your beloved cupboard and like you, I should be purging, but it's so hard to let go of memories, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear the retired guy is down but I think an ice cream cone is perfect!! Oh Audrey you are an observant kitty! Wishing you a good weekend!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I expect Kane will love that ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems to me that everyone would enjoy some Dairy Queen! Audrey, you are enjoying Squirrel TV, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dairy Queen ice cream sounds really good. Does Audrey like ice cream like my Stormy does? Whenever I say ice cream, her ears perk up and she comes running! I let her have just a wee bit.
    You asked if we were moving. We got a fixer-upper for a really good deal and are in the process of getting it ready to rent. Our daughter will live there to start. It's mainly an investment. I can't believe how cheap it was. It was sold as is and we knew it had a mold problem in the basement. We had it gutted and power washed with a bleach solution. The upstairs needs some fixing in the bathroom and one of the bedrooms has some problems, but we hope to get all that done. The faux hardwood floors aren't in the best of shape, so we'll probably carpet the worst of them. A lot of things will have to wait...like getting the basement redone.
    Hope your hubby's back is better! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, sweet Kane. We used to take our little "Pooh" to Dairy Queen for a cup of vanilla. I miss Pooh. He lived to be 15, a small black Poodle. All of our animals are special, aren't they?Miss Audrey is sure special! I love your cupboard. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete