Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

A little make-over.

A perfect moment.
What could be better than napping in a sun-puddle with your bestest mousie within paws reach.

 
                                              Annie
We have had our share of sun lately. Beautiful, warm sun. :)

I finally finished up my newest garden next to the old out-house.
It's also at the start of the path-way to the back of the property right below my "Welcome" sign.

                                               This photo was taken early spring.
                                    Oh, it was so cold that day.

Now it looks like this...
and it's +30C today

I still want to add plants to this area but here's how it looks today.
The bright, pretty yellow greets you as you pass by on the path.
Notice the little bird-house on the left?
I raised it to hang on a tree in hopes that a bird takes notice.

It's right next to the century-old out-house.

A very well ventilated out-house. lol
Looks like something ate the other bloom. oh! oh!

I plan to replace the missing board but just too busy right now.
And the vines are staying, that's for sure.

And here is where the herbs live.
Right next to our perennial garden.
Many types of basil, oregano, chives,thyme and there's some leafy lettuce growing well.
That's our cherry tree under the straw.
That kept it protected over the winter and now it's growing well.
I don't have a porch or deck or I would do the smart thing and have the herbs growing right outside my kitchen door. But, since we are in a mouse-house waaaaaay up high, it will have to do for this year.

I'm sending you over now to meet Deborah at http://www.mountainmamaonline.net/
She has a wonderful post on herbs
so pop on over and take a look.
Deborah is an amazing gardener and I've already learned so much from her very informative posts.
I love her blog.

We're still waiting on rain.

hugs, Deb














12 comments:

  1. Hello, I love your sweet kitty in the sun puddle. Your welcome sign is adorable, I love it. You have a wonderful garden, I would like to grow some herbs too. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job....and in this heat!
    We have a few Chippers at the cottage...not sure if they are boys or girls! Hahaha!
    Have a great week Deb...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty! That took some work, bringing old logs and rocks to make the flower garden. I love it! Your little welcome sign looks so much warmer with the green leaves behind it. After four sunny days we are back into rainy days, for the next seven days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for such a happy post. It warms my heart today to see your sweet home coming into being. I just love the look!

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Deb. Like Lily, I loved this post...well, I love ALL your posts, just that some are superior. Your garden area by the old outhouse is cute as the dickens! I have a fairy garden with lots of (little) gnomes, mushrooms, etc. that my hubby gave me for my b'day. Long-distance hug from Nebraska ><>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, that Annie is so cute with a mouse within reach. I grew up visiting my grandparents' farm and using just such an outhouse. Quaint. I love the summery cat/bird welcome sign. A great improvement on the spring one! I'm off to visit Deborah's blog. I think I know her...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could send you some of my rain ... we are getting more this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb - thanks a million for the shout out, what a lovely surprise!! Love the new garden, you are just like me, creating new gardens out of sticks and stones and whatever is laying around! Next year you will have your herbs by the kitchen door! By the way, I have about a hundred of Simons relatives scampering all over my property....they are so cute but better stop eating my flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie knows the value of a good sun puddle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photo of Annie - sunpuddle and mousie, what a purrfect napping time!
    Your garden is beautiful. I hope birds will find the bird house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful your property is looking. I hope you don't civilise all of it. I like the contrast of the wild woods with the man-made garden and lawns.

    I love seeing my cats snoozing in the sun, too. It looks like the aftermath of a battle sometimes - but a battle that everybody won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, John. I love the natural look, too, mixed with some colourful gardens.

      Delete