Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Rainy Sunday

It was a dark and rainy Sunday.
Family members met up at one of our local restaurants for a yummy breakfast with the intent to come back here to plan the future veggie garden. It was a no-go; too darn wet.
So instead, a quick walk about the property and off they went, pumpkin loaf in hand, until next time.

The funny little greenhouse read +6C early this morning under dark sky and heavy clouds.

It's a wet start to one of my favorite months but I know that farmers need it and that's a good thing.
I look forward to our local out-door markets opening soon. I'll be lined up for the blueberry scones and freshly baked oat bread.
Summer 2015

I got my 'early' birthday present  from my sister.
lol
She saw this and thought of her tea-drinking, cat-lovin' sister. :)

It now holds begonias that will be placed in a shady area as they do not tolerate hot sun very well.
For now they will thrive in the funny little greenhouse.

A recipe.
If you would like a quick and easy cookie recipe
this is my all-time favorite one.
You can prepare these in one large bowl.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
I always add pecan or walnut pieces at the end.

This recipe can be found in the 
Canadian Mennonite Cookbook

1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup  brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup chocolate chips
I add 1/4 cup of pecans or walnuts

Mix above in one large bowl. Drop by teaspoonfuls on parchment-lined cookie trays. Bake 350 for 10 min.

2 1/2 dozen.
Enjoy!

My little chickadee came by for a snack.

=^..^=

I've been showing off cats that I cared for through my cat-sitting service that I provided for the area that we have recently moved from.
So
Let's look back a bit...

Meet Caesar
I know...
Isn't he a lovely boy.
The last time I cat-sat this handsome fella I brought my knitting along.
Any excuse to stay longer. :)
He loved nothing more than to sit by my side and watch that I didn't slip a stitch.
We spent many wonderful hours together as he was a playful, loving cat.  
 I miss this guy so very much.



hugs, Deb


15 comments:

  1. yum,, what a yummy post!! I was the pet sitter on our road and I know first hand how close we become to our charges, I miss them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I forgot to say what a beautiful cup and saucer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've looked at those little greenhouses and wondered how much protection they provide - they might be good for hardening off my seedlings....hmmmmmm!! Happy early birthday, Deb!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been very happy with it, Deb. I have flowers and veggies inside and they are all doing well. I've had a couple of nights that I brought the veggies inside because it was going down below zero but other than that they have stayed in the greenhouse and doing well. After an hour of sun-shine it can get very warm in there. They love it. And, I play music for them. haha!

      Delete
  4. Caesar is a cutie!

    The main market in the city moved outdoors for the first time this season on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainy Sundays are great for staying in, I find. It's good to have a cosy place from which to watch the rain. Then again, some pumpkin loaf and a cup of tea would be the perfect complement to watching a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have fixed up your little greenhouse to look so pretty. I love the little kitty planters. You make me want to decorate my little greenhouse. Caesar is a beautiful cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I mentioned how cute your little greenhouse is???
    I have just copied your recipe, and I think it will be perfect for Miss V and I on Wednesday...Thanks!
    enjoy your week Deb...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Deb. Love those kitty pics you've been sharing of your past charges.
    My b'day is coming up this week too! Wonder if we share a date?
    Mine is the 6th. Anyway, hope you get what you asked for. (Wink, wink)
    Love from chilly and wet Nebraska ><>

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could eat a cookie or two right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb, I love the cat-decorated-teacup-planter! And I love the intent look on Caesar's face as you knit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that tea cup pot with kitty print. So cute!! Your greenhouse is beautiful filled with lovely plants and cute pots :-)
    Caesar is such a handsome kitty! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cookies sound great -- and the photo of Caesar is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice seeing photos of your cat-sitting clients again!

    ReplyDelete