Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

My daily route and Ed

It was 28 degrees today and felt like summer. The normal for this time of year is 11 degrees. It is a bit of a shocker on the system when you get the heat so early. I got my 2 walks in and came home with a bit of a sunburn.

Ed was at the vet this morning for a skin condition (some kind of fungal thing) and we have decided to treat him with natural products as everything they suggested has a steroid in it. Colloidal silver (a natural antibiotic) , aloe vera & apple cider vinegar is the route we are taking for now. We are baffled as to how he got this but he does spend time in the yard so...who knows? Our vet says that this can happen even if his immune system is lacking a bit. We'll treat him and he'll be fine soon. When I told the vet that no matter what we put on his bo-bo's he will try to lick it off she suggested putting a 'onesy' on him. That is a baby shirt that attaches between the legs. Can you picture that? He would be mortified. Let's hope we don't need to do that.(but if we do you just know I am going to photograph him :b)  I brought home a soft victorian collar but once again, hoping not to have to use it as he is clumsy enough as it is.

On my walk with Kane this morning, we spotted this little 'peak-a-boo' feline.

Do you think she may have had some say in the choice of the couch throw?
My second walk with Sue from just sayin'http://readymadecosmos.blogspot.ca/ took us to another part of town. We cross over the back bridge and along many scenic streets.

I took these pics last summer of the area where we walk.





This really is a pretty town.


Muffin...anyone?
hugs, Deb

11 comments:

  1. Poor Mr. Ed--I hope he doesn't suffer any wardrobe indignities =)
    Those muffins look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried oil of oreganol? It is really good, I wouldlike a muffin!
    Beautiful photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the peekaboo kitty...took me a minute to find.
    And I love the crane...they are awesome.
    What a nice walk. And scrumptious looking muffins

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I got a bit of sun/wind burn too.
    Your muffins look tasty, blueberry?
    It will be nice when the trees are all green again and yes I agree we live in a very pretty little town.
    Poor Ed. I sure hope he doesn't need a onesy -- how embarassing!
    See you Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Only" 24C here (but I love it!!). The heron is a beauty!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're warmer than us! No fair.
    Purrs and smoochies for Mr. Ed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Ed, hope that thing clears up fast. Give him kisses from me. And you do live n such a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We hope the natural stuff helps Ed.

    Truffle and Brulee

    ReplyDelete
  9. We cannot imagine a onesie on Ed. Hope he gets better soon. THe muffins look delicious!

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb: Poor Ed. Hope that nasty business clears up soon and he doesn't have to suffer the indignities of the dreaded cone or even the onesies. Beautiful walk you took us on and good looking muffins..Happy Tuesday. Buddy and I go along with the Captain while he walks his dogs. I catch up on my old Victoria magazines and Buddy watches to make sure those 'strangers' doesn't get more treats than he does..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh you are getting some hot temperatures Deb! Could you now blow some over to Southwest Saskatchewan? We are in much need of it! haha!

    Happy Tuesday Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete