Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Staying alert & cleaning out the coop.

While Gwyneth visits nan's house
Audrey stays awake and alert to see where the hands might be at all times.
She's no dummy!
Gwynn is walking now so ....."Look out, Audrey." Don't worry, I'll save you."

We spent a good part of this day out at the property removing all the barn-board and 100 year old straw and dirt from inside the chicken coop. As I said before, and some of you might be getting tired of this, we are taking down the coop to rebuild it stronger and off the lot line.
The loft was cleaned out of all the raccoon poop and squirrel nests. The barn-board was removed and placed carefully in the loft for now. Next it will be the logs that will be taken down and piled for reconstruction in the Spring of 2015.

It was a perfect day for working outside again. The sun showed it's face for a short time but most of the day was cloudy but warm.

I have hung this little bird feeder in a Maple close to the road for the local birds to enjoy.  Today the wasps seemed to find it first. Can you spot Kane to the right? He's just strolling around the property. :)

Here's a few photos from our day.





This is going to be some project but I am really looking forward to it.
We have so many projects going on right now it is mind-boggling. But, while the weather is good, the outdoor ones come first. We'll be back again this weekend. More to come.
hugs, Deb


11 comments:

  1. Gwynn walking? Oh boy....look out!
    Looks like a lot of work.....

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's no secret...Puddy~Tats do like children..
    And, they can always walk away when they've
    had enough!

    Apparently, when l was born...I did'nt have a cot.
    I slept in a crib...A Moses basket in fact, with a pink
    cushion and sheet/cover...I often thought since...Perhaps
    mia Mama..She push me down the river in it...! HeHe!
    We had a pure white cat at the time, called Kitty...And,
    she always slept in the crib with me, curled up at my feet!
    I do remember her, but only vaguely...And, l do have photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cats want to tell Audrey that we are a child free zone, in case she needs a bolt hole!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll pass on your message, Jane. Don't be surprised if she is at your door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see what you mean about the wasps, we had a few around at lunchtime today (we eat outdoors). Love your shed, if it was mine I'd make it into my bolt-hole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it going to be a chicken house one again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that coop! Want one for myself, and I'd make it into a feral cat housing unit...and may even sleep in there once in awhile...lol! You captured Audrey's expression well; she's on guard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lot of work, but well worthwhile. I expect your cats are going to be specializing in finding hidey holes now that she's walking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlie knows how to run away when Tiger is here. He does come out now and then to explore and lets Tiger pet him. What an adorable girl Gywnn is! Yes you have to get that outdoor work done while you can. It's gorgeous there!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, nice to meet you here. That is a big project, what will it be?

    ReplyDelete