Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

winding down

I walked by this shop in our town today and thought, "Yep, I could use a cup of tea about that size right now."
Cute window, isn't it?

I went for a walk after saying "so long" to all the kitties that were in my care this weekend.
It's been very hot and muggy the last few days and today was no exception. HOT!
They've been warning us of a thunderstorm coming for days now and I think if it does hit us it will be a doozy after this humidity.

I love these flowers but I don't know what they are called. I see them everywhere.
in every colour
And I know I'll feel like a dope when someone tells me what they are. I should probably know this but I am clueless when it comes to names of plants and flowers. (Linda from Woke up Got out of bed http://linda-keaveney.blogspot.ca/ is shaking her head right now).

There was a slight breeze today that was evident when I shot this photo while on the main bridge.

The building you see in the center is a restaurant with a patio on the river side. It's called The Gastro Pub. Lately they have been having live music on their patio and we can hear it from our deck. Our home is just a few blocks from the church steeple that you see to the right.
Cheap entertainment, right!

Someone very special has been a little clingy today. I think I have been away just a little too much for her liking. She has been staying close; hopping from bed to box in whatever room I happen to be in.
                                                Audrey

"Traitor"

Tomorrow will have to be 'all about her'. Good thing I just clipped her nails recently or that would be part of her 'me' day and that would completely ruin it. ;-)

Hope you had a wonderful long weekend. I'll post my kitty-client photos this week.

Tell me, how can it possibly be September?

hugs, Deb

16 comments:

  1. The flowers look like hibiscus.
    Hope Audrey gets her much-needed Mommy time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe those are hibiscus blooms. So pretty and colorful.
    I've been looking for yard décor flags and saw several on amazon of "cats in windows!" They made me think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey's expression in that last shot is just marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are hibiscus blooms, Deb! You have a lovely place to walk about . Love the window and reflections. Audrey (bless her neediness!) seems quite black in the photos. Still so beautiful. Enjoy your day. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I was muttering under my breath before I got to your reference to me!
    Actually....they are Rose of Sharon.....Hibiscus would have to be in a pot, and brought in for the winter....but....they resemble Hibiscus...ok....stepping down from soapbox!
    How are the renos going there?
    Any pics yet?
    You are very lucky to be able to walk about your town.....**envy**....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd know. I have heard of Rose of Sharon just recently but didn't connect it. The renos are still going. We had a set-back (supplies not in) so back to it tomorrow. I just close my eyes when I walk through the room now. grrrrrr. Yes, our town is gorgeous with the river running through it.

      Delete
  6. I love the blooms...looks like the others knew what they were! Beautiful!

    Your cats are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Linda. I was just about to comment that they are Rose of Sharon ... Part of the hibiscus family. It seems they are the flower of the summer in the planters around our (Deb and me) town. And yes we are very lucky to have such a beautiful town to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a nice restaurant with a patio on the river. It's great that you can enjoy the entertainment where you live.

    It's September and now it is hot and humid. Go figure! I am hoping for cooler temps soon. So looking forward to Fall as are the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Cute window, lovely lady,nice shoes.....
    HeHe! So where's the cat....!

    Ah! Audrey! What a superstar that lady is..
    The Sophia Loren of the pussy~cat world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Just Cats" has been included in our Sites To See #391. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/09/sites-to-see-391.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agee, Rose of Sharon in hibiscus family.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cats tell me when the seasons start changing. Tungsten doesn't get more clingy, but she wants more lap-time, and looks for cosier places to snooze.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rose of Sharon, also known as Chinese Hibiscus . Love that they bloom late. They're summer's last hurrah!
    Tell Audrey we anxiously await a day devotee to her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Actually these flowers are hibiscus moscheutos, an herbaceous perennial, while the rose of Sharon is hibiscus syriacus, a woody shrub. Both are delightful plants however!

    ReplyDelete