Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

A week in full.

I'm glad I mentioned on my previous post that I am raking this property to within an inch of it's life. In my comments, Marty mentioned that I should leave some of those old leaves on the ground as some birds are nourished by the critters that live in there. Well, I am more than happy to do that....yessiree. There are still lots of leaves on the ground and I am delighted to move on to another project now.

The old well pump got a make-over this week.
Prepping for paint.
I remember the well being painted white when I was a youngster so now I love it's new look. I can see it from the kitchen window.
Now I need some grass and flowers. :)

I also added one more feeder for my feathered friends. It's not the most functional design but it's pretty and my Chickadees like it. This little one came over to see it within seconds of me hanging it.


I have morning glory seeds sprouting and will plant them along the fence at the well.
We had another burn but now there is a burn-ban on as it is very dry here.
Gwynn and her mom dropped by for a morning and she enjoyed some 'Spring' at the mouse-house.

We had a full week of warm weather and lots of sun-shine. It was time for me to bring Lily home and lay her to rest beside her Ed. This is never easy for me; I relive the day I said good-bye to her all over again. It's rough, but I want her home and close to me again. So, now she rests beside the love of her life and I will plant some Lily of the Valley there in May.

Rest in Peace, my Lily-bug.

hug, Deb


16 comments:

  1. The weather has been wonderful here to all week and so far this weekend to ! Oh I do love that old water pump looks wonderful . It is hart breaking when we loose our fur babies , they really are part of our families ! Oh looks like little birdie likes your snazzy feeder . Also Ticks hide under and in leaves curled up until some unexpected furry thing walks by , another good reason to get rid of leaves through out the late spring through summer and into fall in the country and to burn them lol ! Thanks for sharing , Lovely photos , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect ending to a perfect love story. I can't tell you how much I miss Ed and Lily. I was just telling a woman at my vet's office all about Ed, how captivating he was and how he so lovedLilly. They were special beyond words. It feels so right that they're together for all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pump and I planted morning glories, too.

    rip sweet lily..... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Ed and Lily are back together. Hug to you. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Ed and Lily are together again, and I'm also so glad I got to meet them both.

    The pump looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see Spring at the mouse house. I shed a tear to think that Ed and Lily are back together as they should be. Hugs to you.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good that they are together again.

    I've been raking like crazy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs hugs and more hugs. Glad Lily is home and with her Ed. Theirs was a love story.
    Purrs and even more hugs ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is good that they're together and close by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Deb,

    I know how hard it is to say "Good Bye" yet again as you gently lay Lily down beside her Mr. Ed. Yet I do think they have already been together ever since the moment she left you... You are in my thoughts.

    I so wish I could send you some Lily-of-the-Valley for their resting spot. We have so much and I would love to share it with you and them. I just don't think it would make the trip from WA State to Ontario. But the thought and desire was certainly there.

    Love to you,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the lump in my throat as I read. We lost two senior lady kitties, Cokie and Mousse last year. Your feeders are just the best. What fun to have a water pump.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Deb,
    Oh my, losing any of our kitties is so hard. But like you said, they ought to rest side by side...
    As for raking leaves; we never have done that. It's the BEST humus for the soil, consisting of valuable organic material. Think about it this way; in nature there are NO gnomes raking the woods... so why would we?! My husband Pieter uses a mulcher on our John Deere, so even on the lawn, we give back this precious organic material.
    Sending you hugs and blessings,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are busy creating your new halcyon haven and it is wonderful that you share that with us and we can admire it from afar. How settling that your Lily is now close to you and to her Ed. Rest in peace sweet Lily. You were so loved and your loved ones will now always be near.Hugs to you Deb.

    the critters in the cottage and Sophie XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Lily. Mr Ed and she need to be together, as they no doubt are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet to plant lily of the valley for your Lily. I did this a few years ago for my Daphne, a daphne now grows nearby. Thanks for visiting me this morning at Delights of the Heart. I always want to rake my yard clean, but my husband, the gardener, insists that they stay on the ground for compost and feed the ground.

    ReplyDelete