Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Around and about the mouse-house.

L'il Red came by this morning and I realized how big he looks compared to the chipmunks that live around the old pump.
I was walking past the tree where he loves to snack and he called out to me, gave me a look as if to say "where's my treat?" and sat in the box waiting anxiously.
He enjoyed a few seeds and a crust of 7 grain toast with peanut butter and then went on his way. 
Spoiled critter.

                                                      He'll be back at dinner. lol

We have been cleaning up the property more and more as we are here. When the old coop came down we saved the logs to build another building in the future. The demolition team placed the logs on the ground in full view of the mouse-house. We soon felt they had to be moved to the back of the lot so they were not such an eye-sore from the house. Today was the day to get the tractor fueled up, along with the car and the trailer, and do the job.

The retired-guy had a good work-out.





I did help where I could. Lifting logs is giving me muscles. haha!
Sometimes it seems like we are just moving things from here to there but there really is a plan. I do hope to someday have a potting shed built from these old logs that housed my gran's chickens for 50 odd years.

Here's two of the three resident chipmunks. They now live between two rocks at the well and this one loves to sun itself on my pots. haha! Too cute to shoo away. :)
And this one is perhaps guarding it's home from the intruder. That would be me.
,.
I've named them Nutmeg and Basil but I can't tell them apart.

We are expecting some relief from this high heat and humidity of the last few days. The mouse-house has air-conditioning so we work a little and then take a break inside. Of course, with this high humidity comes mosquitoes which only adds to the discomfort. But, each day, our little property looks better and better.

                                                   "Nutmeg & Basil?"


                             "Yes, very good choice for their flavor..errrr.....personality."

Stay cool.
hugs, Deb

14 comments:

  1. Audrey!x Sweetie!x I think squirrels are out of
    your league! First you have to catch one! If you
    do...I don't think they'll let you play with their nuts! :).
    HeHe! Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,

    Your place is looking great! Thank you for sharing your stories with us.

    But about the mosquitoes, if you do get bit Lavender really helps the bites to heal. I just found this out as I had a very swollen, red bite and it made it feel better and start healing immediately. I had olive oil that I had infused with my garden lavender and applied it. So happy with the results. Here is a link to the article I read about it: http://www.naturallyloriel.com/simple-natural-remedy-severe-mosquito-bites/

    I hope you will check this out. : )

    Love,
    LIly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photos , I do like the chipmunks names . No Audrey they aren't called that for their flavor silly cat lol . Oh a potting shed would be nice for you . I keep all my gardening things and bird seed in mine . We have thunderstorms this morning and heavy rains and boy is it humid thank goodness for AC . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing an amazing job there! Your chipmunks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's those little toes on that chipmunk guard that gets me the most! Aw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute Deb! We had chipmunks in Maine and they are just the most adorable little things....y'all are SO busy these days! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you and the retired guy are very content...so happy for you...
    Raining here this am...good for the plants....
    Have a great day...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is coming along nicely this new home of yours!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not surprised if Audrey thinks that!

    The squirrel is spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Audrey! I must have been really sick to have missed at least four of your posts. Sure been fun catching up. Those little chipmunks fit in perfectly at the mouse house. It is so pretty there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful woods you live in now. How envious I am!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute little critters and not a bit spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those little chippies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb, love the photos! Even though I come here for the cats, I'll stay for the other critters too!

    ReplyDelete