Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Off to the market

I know when I get this look
it is time for me to stop talking.

Sierra loves to hang out on the top perch of the cat-tree in the garage. She becomes my sounding-board if I happen to be down there. I guess she takes to the garage to get a little peace and quiet. I can take a hint."Sorry, Cee Cee."

We were up early to get to the local market before the heat hit. Still, by 9am, it was already +26C.
The Manotick Market is small and situated right across from the Watson's Mill.


The town of Manotick is becoming quite the little tourist area in the summer. It is such a quaint and pretty town with many historic buildings and mature trees along the banks of the Rideau River.

The market is a busy place on Saturdays; the people are friendly and they are very proud of their wares.
What a delight to finally be able to purchase fresh-grown local veggies and fruit. There was home-baked bread, still warm from the oven, along with scones, muffins and fruit pies. Wonderful local honey from not only a family of bee-keepers but they are also known as the Ottawa Honey-bee Rescuers.
http://www.geesbees.ca/

We came home with this.
I can't even put into words how good this bread is. It is oat bread made with Watson's Mill's flour.
Yes, that is chocolate nut fudge. The first thing the retired-guy went for. :-[

When we returned home, there was Sierra still atop the beloved cat-tree along with some company
who didn't seem to have even noticed we left.

=^..^= =^..^= =^..^=

hugs, Deb






18 comments:

  1. The cats look pleased with their perches.

    There's an acting company doing A Comedy Of Errors in various parks through the city through to the middle of August, including some performances at the Mill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how much better home grown, baked goods taste?! You came home with some wonderful goodies. I'm always amazed (sort of) when I come home and all three are in the same spot as when I left. Do you think they have a look out? "Ok everyone ... I hear her in the garage ... everyone take your places" !!!!!!!!!
    Purrs and hugs ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread looks so good. One of my loves is good bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They certainly love their tree! So fun to find them all three there at once....all in their little cubicles. :) Love the market...how fun is that? Love your choices to bring home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that cat-tree makes me long for our kitties' tree in Tanzania! Great looking honey - we don't find natural honey easily. And the choc-nut fudge. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cat tree picture. They each have their own hidey space.

    The baked goods sure look yummy. The freshly ground flour must be what makes the bread special.
    Hmmm, never heard of bee rescue. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sierra is so like our Sassy, down to 'the look'! Great to be able to buy local produce xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Deb,
    You managed to write a humorous story about your market day shopping trip!
    Cats are spoiled creatures, at least our house cats are.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love our farmers' market too. I just got some local honey as well. Your kitties have a wonderful condo there for themselves; they look quite content.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MOL! That's a great stink eye Sierra is giving you. We hope you brought something home for the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha I love the gang all camping out in the cat tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love summer photos...you look beautiful! Farmer's Markets have the most beautiful and delicious food don't they? The photo of the kitty tree with the lovelies is too cute! Have a great week Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cats seem very content!

    And I think everyone must love farmers' markets and market days! Home-made and home-grown are becoming more and more popular. I wonder if there's a reason for this... ? Perhaps it's a fore-telling of the future? (Or it's just me trying to read something into life's trends) I mean as technology continues to grow, communication and space-age would seem where we're headed, but then why are we leaning the other way?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, they noticed that you had left, but they aren't going to show such emotions! The cats were very happy that you came back, I'm sure of it. The shopping looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My bunch often don't care if I come or go; if they do, I'm usually in trouble for it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...the market looks great!
    How were those scones?
    I see Gwynn loves to play with the trucks from her cousins...perhaps I should pick one up for Miss V!
    Have a great week Deb...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw... I love the photo of the three girls all together on their tree.

    And the wonderful food you brought home - oh my! So happy you have a place like that to go to and shop!

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, Marianne and I are in the same FB beekeeping group. Good stuff! What a lovely market. You two really need to come out here to meet the cats and go to Quirky Carrot. :)

    ReplyDelete