Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Don't make this bread unless you have a knife and butter. ;-)


"Put the tea on, Sally."

Santa stopped by because he could smell the bread baking at the mouse-house.

This, my friends, is the BEST Pumpkin Bread ever.
Here ya go...1 cup butter, 2 1/2 cups sugar,3 large eggs. Mix together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, 3 cups flour,1 tsp. each of cinnamon,baking powder, baking soda, cloves, and a pinch of salt. Add 1/2 tsp of nutmeg. Add dry mixture to wet mixture alternating with 2 cups of pure pumpkin. Mix well. Stir in 1 tsp. of vanilla extract. Mix well. You can make three small loaves or many muffins with this recipe. Bake at 350 for one hour for loaves. 25-30 min for muffins. Nice with pecans on top. Enjoy!

There is more snow coming.
Every night at four o'clock this group of  mourning doves drop by to clean up what's under the feeders. It's almost dark by then.
 I always throw a bit extra seed out there for them now.
They are so cute and pudgy.

I guess it's time for tea. "Are you hungry, Audrey?"

"You know what you can do with your muffins, lady."
"One of those little pudgy guys on a sesame seed bun would do the trick."
"Uh...I don't think so, Audrey."

"What do you have to do around here to get a bird thrown at ya?"
                                                    =^..^=





hugs, Deb

18 comments:

  1. The birds learn quickly where they can come for a good meal. I wonder if they ever see Audrey watching them from a window...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to wish you and yours a lovely holiday season Deb.
    I bet that is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mourning doves are quite plump as well - they are sitting on the flat feeder and the deck railings when I wake up, just waiting for me to come out in my bathrobe with their morning food. Spoiled critters, both inside and out!! That bread looks great, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I am in SERIOUS baking mode today. It's snowing out and I'm listening to tunes (a brief blog break) and I'll add this to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have titled that recipe "Deb's Pumpkin Spice Muffins" and I always have some in the freezer. The muffin tins I use may be smaller because I get three dozen muffins from the recipe. Several days a week, I pull out a couple for breakfast. They are so good with my coffee. When I get down to only a few in the freezer, I make another batch. Thank you for sharing this recipe. It's going to get colder here but no snow. Hope you enjoy each day of the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Putting that bread on my pinterest board! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pic of young Audrey discovering the tree! And that pumpkin bread looks yummy too. It's been cold here today too... around 32 dropping to the 20's tomorrow. Only way for me to get warm is a hot shower and then a nice hot cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pumpkin bread looks and sounds delicious. The loaves are so pretty. That last picture of little Audrey is adorable. Thank you for the recipe. Oh, your Christmas tree is perfect! love it! I just looked at your last post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh, that last picture of Audrey with her neck stretched up looking into the tree is TOO CUTE! And the one of her peeking out from under her blanky is great too. You and she could take your act on the road! :)
    And, thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to try it. Nebraska ><>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at that adorable little kitty neck! I will most definitely give a go to that recipe! My mouth is already watering. I have started feeding birds again after years of not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't finish my comment! Don't know what happened. But bird watching has been such a pleasure. I feel like my old Gramma now just staring out the window! haha! We have a few different stations now to keep everybody happy. Happy Christmastimes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Certainly looks 'Christmassy' around the mouse-house now Deb. I'm envious because I haven't decorated this year and really miss having a pretty theme going on. We leave for Europe tomorrow and it will almost be a new year when we return so no decorating made sense.
    Will have to try your bread when I get back - it looks delish and will be a fun things for a cold January day.

    Happy Christmas - may your holidays be fabulous all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Audrey you were the cutest little kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You wonder what kitty Audrey was thinking gazing up at that tree...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Audrey was and is an adorable imp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha great post but dogs are better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Audrey, you're such a cheeky girlie! And what an adorable kitty. Real star quality!

    ReplyDelete
  18. we have dogs around here (and they go nuts when the neighbors cat is out)...lol
    great post...and the bread looks delish...xo

    ReplyDelete