Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

"Well, hello there."

The weather today is what you dream of when you are covering your face with a hand-knit scarf to protect it from the blowing north winds. I wish I could bottle it.


I had a lovely surprise this morning as I popped out to the flowers to see what damage the racoons, and whatever else comes along at night, might have done. By the way, I was awakened by the coyotes around 2 a.m. howling and yipping. They weren't far off at all.

My first morning-glory appeared and I am so happy with the colour.



And my first tomato off the vine.

It won't last past lunch today. The plants are loaded but most are still green.This one dropped into my hand as I was checking the plant for that pesky wild vine that keeps sneaking up on them. I think I have it under control now.

"Geesh...could this post be any more boring? I want to die."


"That's enough out of you, Audrey."

OK - I can take a hint.

Enjoy your day, 
Deb

8 comments:

  1. Love your flowers Deb, they are so welcoming and make me smile !
    The deer eat everything we plant, it's so frustrating, but honestly I love seeing those little new born deer's with their spots.
    Tomatoes look heavenly.
    Audrey you can be cheeky, but I still love you !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! Oh,that silly little Audrey! :) She is a little cutie. You have some pretty flowers and I hope you're have a great summer!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sunflower and gladiolus are so pretty together and that is an unusual morning glory color. I love it too. That tomato looks better than any I've grown all summer. That Audrey is a mess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey, would a post about mousies and catnip do the trick? My kitties aren't thrilled with tomatoes and flowers either. Though they sometimes try to eat the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing OUT LOUD over that Audrey!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha that was a good one lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Audrey! She has wonderful comments and it sounds so much like her! What made me smile today? You did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos! I am loving this weather!! THe coyotes here were going CRAZY in the woods last night. I don't think I've ever heard them be so loud. I was glad all my cats were safely tucked away.

    ReplyDelete