Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Cake & sun...yes, please.

Sue used to be my walking buddy before I moved an hour away.  Now we just eat cake together. Delicious and glorious cake. lol



What a surprise to have such a delicious tea-time today.
Sue's layer cake brought back memories of my grandmother's cakes with 
home-made jam in the middle. Those were wonderful times visiting gran, sitting in her big summer kitchen, drinking tea around the old wood stove.
I can still picture her sitting in her rocker, tea cup in hand and Maggie her tabby-cat curled up on her lap.
She'd say..."Oh, she's such a nuisance"
But she loved her so.

Annie got a little treat of milk.

Sue and I have been friends for only a few years
 and yet it feels like I've known her all my life.

Oh, you'll never guess.
It's.been.snowing. :(
But this morning the sun is shining again.

Will this winter never end? Geesh....

Maybe another piece of cake will help. ;-)

It's time to fill those feeders again. And knowing I won't have snow blowing in my face while doing that makes for a good start to the day.

You can visit Sue at http://readymadecosmos.blogspot.ca/

Have a fun weekend, everyone.

hugs, Deb

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe I'm the first to comment! Wish I lived close as I know we would be buddies :)
    I just love your subscriber, so pretty. Wish my granddaughter would make me one!!
    Deb, hope the sunshine comes soon, we here in Kansas are going to be 74 degrees today and 88 degrees tomorrow. Time to get the motorcycle out!
    Much love to you and yours,

    Glenda from Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cake! Good friends are friends no matter how far apart you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine, cake, kitties and good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY ! Lovely photos . Cake tea and friends is a wonderful thing . More snow? YIKES ! Thanks for sharing .Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos ,,,

    lets see,,, cake or walking,, um,,, CAKE !!!!!!!
    looks wonderful,,sounds perfect,,same cake we make,,
    with jam in the middle!!! I think its a Canadian thing lol,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to have friends drop in. There must have been extra snow in the night- I saw a layer on many a car windshield this morning. And the temperatures don't seem warm enough for melting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to be able to eat cake with a blogging pal...I am jealous!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend...sunny here too....but darn cold!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, Love the yellow theme !
    It makes everything look bright & happy =^x^=

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks delish...and how fun to have a sweet visitor that brings cake! Yum...have a piece for breakfast, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's give old man winter the boot already! He's hanging around way too long!

    ReplyDelete