Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

More visitors at the mouse-house




David came by for a visit today.
As soon as I sat on the dead grass he dropped and rolled.
He's a pretty funny guy.

I adore him but I don't trust him around the bird feeders.
So, when I see him hanging around I come out to spend a bit of time with him. He seems to be happy with that and then he goes on his way.
I think he just forgets why he came over in the first place.
He is a fine example of the delightful & affectionate tabby cat.
                                   That's him in my header. A good shot taken last fall.



Audrey almost peed her pants when this guy showed up looking for his mate.




He tried and tried to get under or through the fence. I asked the retired-guy if he would like to go out and help him. lol "Not gonna happen", he said.  The whopper of a bird eventually gave up and came up the drive-way to join her at our side feeder. He was quite a sight to see with his size and beautiful feathers. I wish he would have dropped one for me before toddlin' off to the next house.
Looks like I have some raking to do.



hugs. Deb


10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos . No wild turkeys here for us as we have Miggs out and about in the yard . Looks like you have lots of friends there to cats not so much here again Miggs keeps them at bay lol ! Rain later today cloudy right now . Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. David is so much like our Patty O'Malley; he drops and rolls no matter what the weather, and I drop down to accommodate him! Audrey almost peed her pants...that would have been a sight to behold! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is a big size and I think one of his feathers would be lovely as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turkeys are huge!

    David makes for good company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get such wonderful visitors! Such a handsome tabby cat too. Can just imagine Audrey with that huge Turkey .... made my day. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turkeys are big! Our cats love watching the squirrels and birds each morning...in fact, they drive us nuts to get on the screened in porch for a close up view! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turkey has beautiful colouring! Tabbies are so easy going aren't they? I wonder what Audrey would have done if there was no window between her and him? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the turkey found his way around. An annoyed turkey doesn't sound like much fun. David looks like fun, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to have wild turkey's. I hope we get some in our yard someday. At first I thought you were going to tell us the turkey got caught in the fence. Glad it didn't!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to see Audrey alone in a room with a turkey! ;)

    ReplyDelete