Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2016

My funny little greenhouse.



I'm in the portable greenhouse after a good rain-fall.
Don't laugh at my home away from home. lol  It's a rugged little house but my plants love it in here and that's what matters. Until our house is built this will have to do . Then I can decide where I want to permanently place a real potting shed; you know the kind...one that makes me happy. :)

 My tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini are up and I'm patiently waiting to see my herbs pop through the soil. I'm growing basil, chives, thyme, sage & rosemary for the kitchen. I have two pots of cat grass growing for my little peach, Annie.

                                                              That would be Audrey.


Did you notice the big 'ol rain barrel in the corner of the greenhouse? The sun warms the water that I use to water the sprouts and the warm water raises the temperature of the greenhouse over-night. It's perfect.
And I can be as messy as I want in there because it's a dirt floor.
I do clean up every night before closing up my little home away from home, though. I'm fussy like that and I want it all neat and tidy for the next day. :)

I have the best company as I putter and pot up more veggies & flowers. Right beside the greenhouse is another feeding station for the birds and they love it there.

 Red

All closed up for another day.

I've been showing off cats that I cared for through my cat-sitting service that I provided for the area that we have recently moved from.
So
Let's look back a bit...

Meet Bella
She is Tigger's side-kick. A shy and gentle little soul. She kept me on my toes with her personal diet due to tummy issues. She was pampered and loved so dearly by her owners and her cat-sitter.
I hope she is enjoying the sun-puddles on her deck today.

Time to get outside and enjoy some sunshine.

hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. What a delightful little spot!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little greenhouse! I love how even if it isn't permanent, it all works together. A great idea on how to use a rain barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella does seem gentle. The greenhouse is a good solution to your current status quo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your greenhouse....it looks like it would be very inspiring to work in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little green house that is soo cool lots of growing going on there . your like me I love puttering with plants to. I need to get a green house just don't know where to put it and weather to winterize it or not . Lovely photos, Bella is pretty , Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Deb, I loved my visit to your little greenhouse today - it is wonderful to see your temps warming up as we go into autumn here. You share such beautiful photos Deb, always feels like I could just reach into the screen & pat those furry babies. Have a super week Deb x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little greenhouse. About time the temps warmed up for you. I'm not looking forward to the temps here rising. Always nice to see your kitty clients from your "past" life. I know you miss them. I did notice, you didn't mention growing any "nip" for Audrey -- guess that would be too dangerous!!!!!
    Hugs and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great idea and surprisingly large. I'm curious as to when it goes up and gets plants in it because our climate isn't exactly great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the +teens during the day and down to near freezing at night but the sun warms the greenhouse up so much in the day that it stays warm throughout the night.

      Delete
  9. Deb that is the cutest greenhouse and I love the sign over the entrance.
    Good idea with the water barrel - how do you handle the winds though? Is the portable greenhouse anchored down in some way? I should get something similar - my main problem is being home long enough to take up starting seeds early inside like I used to. Fortunately with our earlier than your Spring, we can get seeds started outside. This past week I've planted all my Morning Glories, Moonflowers, and herb seeds - and this week, being a warm sunny one, hopefully they will get a good start.

    We will be off again in a couple of weeks! Am picking out clothes for cool/wet
    conditions, haha!
    We have a big black feral cat back in the garden - hides under the juniper near the birdhouse where the Nuthatch babies are, grrrrrrrrr! Any suggestions please.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a fabulous funny little greenhouse!!

    ReplyDelete