Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Welcome March

March has arrived but there's not one rabbit in sight today. 
So I thought it was time to bring a few out from my 'Easter box' to spruce up the mouse-house and sing the praises of spring that is not long off.


OK - that'll do for now.
Think Spring.


Yesterday we looked through thick fog and the rain continued from early morning 'til night. It was mild, though, so we didn't complain too much.
Our resident birds were huddled deep into the fir trees, begrudgingly putting meal-time off until the rain had stopped.
It was a long day for them, I'm sure.


Today it is cold and windy; more of what we are used to in March.
The feeders are once again busy as our confused little feathered friends fill up for the cold night ahead. Juncos, chickadees, blue-jays, cardinals, sparrows, starlings, mourning doves and so on.


Do not over-water your tulip plants.
They turn yellow. 
I hope I caught this in time as it is soon ready to bloom.

March is a busy month for our family. Besides all the clean-up at the mouse-house, we have three birthdays to celebrate. My son, John, will be thirty-three. "What!" How did that happen so fast? My brother's partner, Joyce, celebrates this month too, but we'll just skip over more details because you know how we women love to keep you guessing.  ;-) We'll be celebrating at The Keg for her.  And, our grandittle, Gus, turns one. He is such a cutie and he's walking already. Well, he's actually running more than walking just to keep up with Gwynn.  His birthday get-together will be very special.

In the meantime,  I'm going to dream of spring and potting sheds.
                                                         (source)

While Annie, as always, will dream of sun-puddles .
                                       Annie

hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. HI Deb...
    Sounds like tipsy turvy weather...
    Perhaps you could get it all straightened out before I get home! Thxs!
    Your birds are beautiful...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! There's that little lamb up close! Thank you, Deb! I needed that today. Bronchitis and much coughing here.
    And, dear little Annie.
    Nebraska ><>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream of sun puddles, too. (Truth to tell, I'd just be grateful for any sun, it has been a grey and dismal winter.)
    Your Easter Box holds some delights, I particularly like the lamb, so cute. All those celebrations will keep you on your toes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I was a cat in another life...I love sunny naps too! Spring is popping here and by the weekend my Red Bud tree will be blooming. I love your touches in the house which has inspired me to get some of mine out--at least the "cat-proof" ones. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty picture of Annie! Oh, those bunnies! Remind me of my very special bunny. You seem to be patiently waiting for spring and dealing with the cold. Be thankful!!! We got the earliest spring EVER! and now winter has come back and we may lose all the pretty blooms. That little potting shed with all the tulips just takes my breath away!! I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Easterish! Annie looks so pretty in the light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, spring... As I grow older, I look forward to it more. I don't dislike winter, but I appreciate the next season more. March sounds a busy month for you. A one year old is walking? Is that right? Wow. Keep an eye on that little guy - or maybe a leash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The orange toy in Annie's paws match her fur colors! Bitter cold wind today, but warmer temps coming...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been warm here, but turning cold with snow tonight and for the next few days. I want spring! Love the photo of Annie. She's so adorable with her little orange toy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see Ms. Annie has taken up knitting in her favorite color perhaps? Such a sweetie.
    The birds really struggle up your way in the cold I'm sure - but any in the vicinity of the mouse-house are fortunate that's for sure - you are so good to them Deb.
    OMG - makes my potting shed look bad - even though my sweet German reader wants to live in it! That one is amazingly beautiful with the carpet of spring blooms, even I would forget the garden tools and move in there!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to know about the tulip over watering. I plan to buy some bulb pots after we're back from our trip later this week.

    Love Annie's colorful toy and your great pix. I have to get bunnies out too. Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete