Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Here's the recipe


Paula Dean's Banana Bread is the best I have tasted. The secret to this bread is adding the yogurt. It is the most delicious, moist and flavorful banana bread we have eaten and we (that includes Gary & Kane) know our Banada Bread.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup of butter melted
2 eggs beaten
4 mashed bananas (very ripe)
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp of vanilla extract. Note* - I substituted maple syrup for vanilla

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Spray your 9x5 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or cover with a thin layer of butter
In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. (1st five)
In another large bowl combine wet ingredients - whisk until smooth
Add dry to wet and mix before placing in prepared pan
Bake 50 minutes

I doubled this recipe and it turned out great. I also sprinkled cinnamon on top.
Enjoy!


Just finished up with Otis, Rosie & Lola. We had fun and they'll be happy to see 'mom' tonight.

HUGS, DEB




6 comments:

  1. It looks yummy! Adding yogurt is a new one for me, maybe I'll get ambitious and try the recipe over Xmas break.

    BTW, I know I seldom comment, mostly lurk, but I've just put the lights up on the tree (didn't last year because of fear of Nicki chewing the wires) and wrapped the cord in tin foil -- pretty sure that was your suggestion on a post last week or the week before! So thanks, presume it will work. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I was going to have to try to find it on the internet~ got my kitchen tree mostly up today...photos soon. Not as cute as yours but I am happy to begin working on it and will continue to collect ornaments for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this does sound quite delicious!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Paula Deen!! will have to try this one. My husband LOVES bananas! He also loves banana bread!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe. I always like banana cakes and banana bread and bake them often but adding yoghurt in is something new to me. I'd give it a try this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin the bread and the kitty mat it sits on!! So glad Rae and Joe are doing well! That's a fine looking trio of cats there. Awww your kiddos were so little there!!!Nice effect with the lights on them...now to get one of Riley like that!!

    ReplyDelete