Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We are in winter's grip


        "Let's snuggle, little kitty, on this cold December day"


If you would like to make your cat's bed warmer on these cold winter nights here is an idea for you. Take a close-weaved sock and fill it with 1 cup of uncooked long-grain rice. Tie or sew it closed. Pop it into the microwave for 1 minute. Once it is hot (not too hot, though), wrap the hot sock in a small towel and place under kitties blanket in her basket. This will stay warm for hours and can be re-heated over and over.
Toasty warm!


hug, Deb 

4 comments:

  1. Co-zee!! I have some little bags filled with dried corn and the kitties love it when I warm it for them. Heck, I like to put it under the covers with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have heard of that before but have never tried it. Sounds like a great idea. We will sure give it a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea~Charlie has been snuggling a lot here lately! Which makes me happy also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete