Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

A china & treasure cupboard.

I'm happy to know that my step-back cupboard will fit ok in our mouse-house. I'm packing up the little treasures that will come along with it.
Some of my favorite things I have collected over the years are tea-related (no surprise there), white china and beautiful pottery. My blue and white dishes will most likely come along, too, as I hope to use them this Spring.
I love to walk up to this cupboard with the grandittles and let them look in to see what catches their eye. That's why I put little 'treasures' here and there as I am sure dishes would bore them in seconds. I try to have some un-breakables so they can carry their 'find' to show mommy.





I'm home today to do some packing. The retired-guy left bright and early to finish the painting while the workers tile the bathroom.

Yesterday I filled the feeders again for the next few days.  It was a cold but sunny day so I stood by the trees watching the local birds 'fly through'.
Caught this little one as he was leaving with his peanut.

I'm reading a good book on feeding birds right now called  'Why Don't Woodpeckers Get Headaches?'  by Mike O'Connor. It is so informative and funny, really funny, and it is through this book that I realize that the month of May will be the most exciting time to watch the feeders. In our area, birds such as Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Indigo Buntings, Scarlet Tanagers and many of the brightly-coloured warblers could make a pit-stop in our yard during Spring migration. I don't think I have ever seen any of these birds so I'd better brush up on what they look like so I don't look too dumb if I photograph them.

I always have company when I am working in the dining-room. That is where the sun shines the most in this old house and today Big Bad Joe joined me to soak it up.


It's a good day to stay in and

stay toasty,
Deb

18 comments:

  1. Love the kitty decorations =)
    That is quite the tummy, Joe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such nice things! Big Bad Joe doesn't look big OR bad laying in the sunpuddle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos ! Oh yes spring and fall are both wonderful times for me here to for all kinds of birds make a pit stop on their journey both to and from their migration every year I seem to see or hear a new bird in the yard it is wonderful . I have been a birder for years and just love it ! Thanks for sharing Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cat items! And of course, your ever-vigilant supervisorcat. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cute red fox. And Red-breasted Nuthatch at the feeder is great.. Your kitty is adorable.. Wonderful post, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the first time I saw and Indigo Bunting at one of our feeders. I couldn't believe my eyes. After only seeing one a couple of times the first year, we got up to about 20 at our feeders within a few years. They are so gorgeous. And I love the Grosbeaks, too. Same story - first time I saw one I didn't know what they were. I've yet to see a Scarlet Tanager, tho'. I'll bet you have many, many beautiful birds this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great that the step-back cupboard is going to fit in the mouse house! I have been wondering about that since you wrote about it months ago! I can't wait to see it all "springed-up" in your blue and white!

    Joe looks so sweet. I want to just scoop him up for a cuddle - don't know if he would appreciate that but I would! I am going to miss seeing him after your move. From what you have said, AA won't feel the same so I can be happy for her.

    Sending prayers for a good week for you and the whole transition.

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your cupboard will fit. I too love looking at my little treasures and would miss seeing them... and I too put little items here and there for grandkids to find. Grand daughter who is 2 always runs to check! Big Bad Joe looks like he loves sun puddles as much as my cats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad your step-back cupboard is going to the mouse house with all it's treasures. Good for you and the littles. Big Bad Joe is very handsome!
    Hugs and purrs.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the Grands enjoy finding little treasures around your house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you will love the Spring visitors....
    Looking forward to that with you....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you won't have to miss your favorite little cupboard while living in the mouse house. You do have it fixed up so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joe looks totally relaxed and at peace with the world. This of course will last until Audrey sees him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the title of that book! I must admit, I've wondered sometimes how woodpeckers wouldn't get a headache with all that tapping.... especially when they get on a gutter! ;) Love your little treasures you share with your grandlittles. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you are able to take your special cabinet and treasures with you to Mouse House -- it will seem at home right away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad your cupboard will fit. It is too special to leave behind. I love your cup and saucer feeder. Big Bad Joe reminds me of our Bickett with that fat tummy. We have Scarlet Tanagers here but they stay high up in the trees and are hard to spot. I always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the kitties in a car! So cute!!
    Looks like Big Bad Joe is fully enjoying the sun. Stay warm and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the little fox!! And that's Red-breasted Nuthatch, just in case you hadn't identified it yet. Love those little guys, and the White-breasted Nuthatches too!

    ReplyDelete