Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A 'to do' list.

I've been making a list in my head of things I want to do or change this Spring when we are finally settled on our lot.
I want to paint the old well white just like I remember it as a child.

A rope swing must find a place amoungst the trees at the back near the old stone fence.
The one that was always there rotted and fell to the ground.

The old two-seater out-house needs to move closer to the front where we can fix it up.


I often wondered why it had two seats when I was young. Never did I see two people in there at the same time nor would I have wanted to.  Seemed rather weird.

We have a fence to mend and a gate to change at the road.

A country mail-box will be placed right outside the gate. Oh, and flowers...yes, yes, lots of flowers.
                                                                  (pinterest)

And ...most importantly, I have to get to know this feline that loves to drop by and visit every time we are out there.
I now know that it lives at the property next door where there are many out-door buildings and another cat that it chums with. My guess is that it is an indoor-outdoor wanderer as it's coat is shiny and clean. I expect our property has been its' hunting grounds for some time now.

I'm guessing 'male' but have not taken the liberty to check that out.
That face makes me think of Davey Crockett.
You know...King of the Wild Frontier.

I'll probably find out that it's a female and she goes by Sally.
All I know right now is this cat loves tummy rubs.
And what a beautiful tummy it is.

 Tomorrow it warms up for one day.
Who can argue...we'll take it.

Stay toasty,
Deb

20 comments:

  1. Who can resist giving this kitty a tummy rub? Quite a nice neighbour to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cat! Beautiful pattern on it's coat and that face...like a big ol' tiger. What a fun neighbor to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and...I love all your ideas. Each one is very charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought was.....'what a noble face'....and quite a beautiful tummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ideas for your place.. And you have such a sweet neighbor.. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your upcoming projects, great ideas for your country home.

    Love that tabby and he/she does look like kind of like Davey Crockett. Boy that takes me back ages ago. :-)

    Enjoy settling into you new home. I am excited for you and look forward to lots of pics and reading about it.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very excited for your new property and home. I smile a bit when I see your neighbour's cat. We live in a very rural setting and our tabby cat also tends to go farther afield than he should. I was mortified to find out that he actually jumped up on our neighbour's deck and asked to be let into their house.... and they let him!!! Not worried about his safety, just embarrassed by his bad manners. I have no doubt that you will have a future tabby cat friend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to have a two seater outhouse too. The holes were different sizes, one larger for adults and a smaller one for kids. And no, we usually were alone in there.

    Davy Crockett is a cutie. And it seems he's quite n outdoorsman. I hope the two of you can get to know each other well,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am a total sucker for tabby cats, and Davy is simply adorable! What is that cat silhouette that you are holding up on the out-house? Is it a door knocker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my contribution. A brass door-knocker. :)

      Delete
  10. What a darling tabby! I like the old red pump. I'd sure like to put in another well on our property and have a hand pump like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Davey may be a mighty hunter to the mice who live around there but he doesn't seem too fierce while rolling over for a tummy-rub.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a lovely space you have ! funny you should mention the out house...my great aunt had a farm and when me and my sister were little and we visited we would be in hysterics giggling over the sight of the double seater !! I hadn't thought of it for years till you mentioned it...the tabby is so handsome ...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops! I just lost the comment I was typing. I love everything on your list. It is so pretty there. I can picture you outside swinging in the warm sunshine this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Davey us adorable and can't wait to get to know him better! (or her)! Lots of great plans for your property!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your list. Makes me so happy for you! Do you suppose the visiting kitty is a Maine Coon?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I am so happy to hear news of "Davey" and that he is still around and doing well. Would you believe I was just thinking of him last night and hoping you were still seeing him! Awesome.

    Can't wait to see all the pretty flowers blooming around your new house when it is all built and becoming home to you!

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats one gorgeous kitty!
    I am jealous of your outhouse. You two are going to have lots of fun in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Getting close......
    Such fun ideas...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete