Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Darling Dominique

It has been a hard week.
It is with great sadness that I write this post to pay tribute to a wonderful cat that I loved dearly and cared for for many years. Dear, beautiful Dominique.

Here come the tears.
To Dominique's family I send a hug and a thank-you for giving me the opportunity to get to know her as I did and to fall in love with her rather cautious but unique character.
It took time for me to win over this lovely cat but little did she know that I was stubborn, too. It was time well spent. :)
We became good buddies and she would greet me at the door and then lead me over to her wee basket that held her comb and toys. She loved to tuck in while we looked at magazines together. I'll always remember the first time she did that and how happy it made me feel to see her feeling safe. It was a break-through for both of us.

She was photogenic; maybe even a bit of a diva. She enjoyed when I captured her uniqueness with my camera. She was a poser.


I know there is a down-side to every job and as a cat-sitter it is when we have to say "Farewell." Dom lived almost two decades with her one loving family and that makes her one of the lucky ones.

So, "Farewell little beauty. Thank you for finally being 'won over' and enjoying our time together and may you now rest in peace."

With love and hugs, Deb




24 comments:

  1. Bless!x An old saying came to mind....
    "You have to let things go. Everyone who's
    in your life are meant to be in your journey, but
    not all of them are meant to stay till the end".

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice tribute to a very pretty kitty.
    We also send purrs to her family.
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. It indeed has been a sad week.
    It's so hard to bear when our dear little ones leave us. And what a beauty she was!
    I'm so sorry, Deb! Hugs to you and to Dominique's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was a beauty, with a beautiful name. Purrs and hugs to her family, and to you too Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry! What a beauty....those eyes! A nice long life....glad she trusted you. I know that feeling of the first cuddle they initiate...it's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful tribute to Dominique. I can understand it makes you sad she is gone .Take care Deb
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Deb, it's so hard to say goodbye. Dominique was a beauty and touched your heart as so many cats have and will continue to do. A very sweet tribute to her. Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had a very tough week with Dominique and Otis too. She is gorgeous and I know her people are sore with grief, as you are. These are simply lovely words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness-this is so sad! Hugs and purrs to you and the kitty parents this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Parting with two cat friends in one week has been difficult. It has always been evident that the cats you've cared for were far more than 'clients' or a 'job'--you took the time to know and appreciate each one. Cats are such unique creatures--so hard to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sad week... what a beauty she was.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...my heart is saddened once again. Dominque was such a beauty...my prayers are with her....as always, Deb, we thank you for sharing these gorgeous and sweet kitties....I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gone but not forgotten ! I am sorry for your loss . My prayers are with you all !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear about Dominque--what a sweet, lovely girl.
    Such a hard week ...
    Sending you and Dominque's persons special thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Deb. My heart goes out to you and the families of the precious little fur babies that are gone. You will have the wonderful memories of having them in your life.
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my dear Deb....such a sad weekend for you....
    Hope the nice weather can help to cheer you up....
    Hey....I went to the cottage....and....FORGOT THE BAG WITH MY CAMERA AND CROCHET!
    I felt sick with out it.....geesh....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also love cats like you. I think me and you can join the cats club :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear deb, we know how much this beautiful girl meant to you. How lucky you were tohave shared so many lovely times together.

    Julie and poppyq

    ReplyDelete
  19. 2 dear ones thiis week. Hugs to you & both families. Grief is the price we pay for love. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. some of nice thoughts i have seen so far, it is really great one Adopt a pet

    ReplyDelete
  21. As I wrote in response to Otis's death, I didn't learn about him or Dominique until today. Dominique led a full, long life with her people, and with people who loved her, such as yourself. It doesn't make parting any easier, though. It's never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We cannot believe that yet another splendid kitty has crossed the bridge. The world will be a sadder place without this wonderful girl. Our thoughts and prayers are with all who loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, beautiful Dominique. I know how hard this must be on her family and you. I always loved seeing her in your blog. I am glad she got to spend her whole life with one loving family. Yes, she was one of the lucky ones.

    Blessings, Comfort and Prayers for all those who loved her,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete