Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

A recipe and fun gardening








Fresh out-of-the-oven blueberry loaf.
Big enough to cut in half and share with a loved-one. :)

1/2 c butter, melted & cooled
1 tbsp olive oil
2 c flour
1 1/4 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 c milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Prepare your 9" pan
 Mix together flour,sugar,powder,salt.
In a smaller bowl, mix butter, oil, milk, eggs, vanilla
Stir wet into dry 
Fold in berries
Bake in prepared pan

55 minutes

                                     Lilacs
Both purple and white lilacs grow on our property.
And, on the other side of our fence and along the ditch there is a beautiful lilac tree in full bloom.
I guess that one is for the 'walkers' that pass by the mouse-house every morning.


Must be a pretty funny dream, Audrey. Haha! ;-)

I've been adding more flowers around the front because...well, I just can't stop.
The pansies look so pretty in all the different colours.
I have just one more to plant and a few more other flowers to pot up.
The grass seed should soon take and hopefully we'll have fresh new grass to cut.

I'm in good company here. :)

(I'm being stalked by a retired-guy ;-)
Enjoy your gardens.
Enjoy your Spring.

I'm joining Farmgirl Blog Hop at http://deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.ca/
hugs, Deb

21 comments:

  1. The blueberry loaf looks so yummy! Thanks for the recipe. I LOVE Audrey's picture.Well captured. (What will she say when she sees this on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your yard looks so nice! I want some of those angel wing begonias, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there's two of my favorites--blueberries & Lilacs! I will definitely be baking this loaf, but do I have to share??? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee, Audrey! Your photo of the bowl of lilacs is good enough to make me believe I can smell them! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try it.
    This is the weather for it here - May 21 and we're sitting around in sweatshirts and socks. This would be more bearable if we hadn't already had an entire week of 80+ degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That loaf looks delicious! St. Francis is a good touch for a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, I love lilacs. The aroma is just so heavenly. I hope I have a bush soon. Mine is a little twig right now. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds good and I think I will try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audrey! haha...oh, that cracked me up!

    Your little place is looking so charming...inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so beautiful! Enjoy!

    And isn't that a cute photo of laughting Aurdrey! lol

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful photos! You look divinely happy and your property is beautiful. I am copying that blueberry bread recipe. I need to make some tea breads for -- what else -- a tea I'm co-hosting next week and this will be a perfect contrast to the lemon bread! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When spring finally arrives .. it arrives in all its flowery glory! Wonderful. Wonder what Audrey is dreaming about???!!!! Maybe we don't want to know! :D :D
    Hugs and purrrrs.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it ~ "being stalked by a retired guy " !

    Your place already looks like a lush & blooming retreat complete with bird sanctuary, fresh baked goods from a very sweet cottage and a happy dreaming cat. Life is good !

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blueberry bread looks so good =)
    Ear scritches to the dreaming Audrey girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Things are looking so spring-like at your place!
    That picture of the lilacs should be enlarged and framed. Or better yet, someone should paint a watercolor for you. Wish I could paint!
    And the picture of you wins the best portrait prize. Sorry, Audrey, Deb's more photogenic this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for putting up the recipe for your blueberry loaf. Looks delicious! The lilacs have been so beautiful this spring. Audrey adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks lovely, Deb. We just planted some purple lilacs, so hopefully in my lifetime I'll see them grow into a nice bush. Your landscaping around your well looks nice and calming.

    Love the photo of Audrey giving a grin. Mine do that too. Wish I knew what they were thinking.

    Glenda from Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photo's of you Deb! You look very relaxed!

    Thank you for the recipe and the beautiful lilacs.

    Happy weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cut the blueberry loaf in half? For sharing?? Well, I suppose, if I must...

    ReplyDelete
  19. That blueberry loaf! I've got to try it! Those are great pictures of you and with every post, your place gets prettier and prettier. Audrey is really sleeping good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blueberry loaf looks so good. Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete