Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

An Anniversary

I cared for Mookie for 8 years as his owners loved to travel over-seas.


Today I celebrate 15 years of cat-sitting. I was a stay-at-home mom of 3 children and wanted to have a small business to balance out my life. My love of cats encouraged me to start a cat-sitting business called Comfy Cats. I have met and fallen in love with more than 100 cats since then and many of them have passed on but are always in my heart. Mookie (seen in photo) was one of my first kitty-clients and although he is now in heaven, I still can feel his paws around my neck giving me his best hugs ever. He lived to be 20 years.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on 15 years of cat-sitting! Too bad you weren't a bit closer to me. LOL.

    Mookie was a sweetie and 20 is a ripe old age. I'm glad he had a long and happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ~ that is a long time to 'cat sit'! Such a wonderful home business you have! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How truly sweet. What a great idea. I have friends who are petsitters, but they go to the kitty's home and see them there. Our furry friends are gone too quickly- aren't they? Beautiful kitty... Looks like my Tommy! XO CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do go to the client's home because of our own cats not being able to tolerate different cats in the home all the time. Cats are happier left in their home with their own beds, couches, toys etc. My business is called Just Cats - in-home cat care. In-home being your home. I love it and I have never been busier. Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very clever to open a cat sitting business! Every cat owner would be happy to have a good and trustworthy facility at hand where he can have his cat stay. We're not too long with our mom and so far didn't habe to go to a kitty hotel, but the one mom checked wasn't too good. Concats on the anniversary!
    Thanks for visiting us!
    Purrs, Siena & Chilli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat-sitting sounds like a cool job=all those purrs and headbutts!...Mookie was a beauty...Happy weekend...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete