Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Black Beauty & Glorious food

I had a date with a black beauty and spent most of it brushing his sleek, luscious coat.

I'm a bit of a push-over, you know.

                                                              Oh, he knows.

He also managed to have a ball tossed to him ...let's see...thirty, no, forty-some times and we did get some cuddles in, too. When he wasn't looking I hid a few treats around just to entertain him later.

And do you know what the best part of it was?  I get to do it all over again tomorrow.

Treated ourselves to a great lunch in Almonte at Palm's Coffee House.
Roasted veggies with goat cheese and pesto on a home-made panini bun.
The retired-guy had ham, provolone cheese with  peppers, onion and roasted tomato pesto on a savory scone.
All home-made including the iced-tea. I went for a hot cup of English Breakfast tea. So, so good.
So roomy, so comfy and so delish.
We'll be back.
http://www.palmsonline.ca/1pwp/


hugs, Deb


11 comments:

  1. Looks like a good bite to eat. What a handsome kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous kitty! I have 4 solid black cats...I think they are so beautiful!
    I'm sure this one enjoyed finding your little treats after you left! Aw. You're so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea, hiding treats for the cat to find when you're gone. I think I'll do this for my cat.

    The food looks so good at Palm's Coffee House , wish there was one like it around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a beautiful kitty boy! You can tell he's marvelously glossy by the way his fur is highlighted in the photos. I just love black kitties!
    What a delight it must be for him when he discovers a hidden treat! Playtime, brushing, noms and you as his cat sitter: ah, that's the life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Betsy...love the black cats! Well, let's face it...I love 'em all! Our Chucky is black and sometimes petting his sleek, silky fur feels so fantastic that I'm in black cat heaven! And although I tend to non-caffeinated teas, sometimes a cuppa Earl Grey or English Breakfast is glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky feline. Way to wrap that lady around your velvety black paw ♥
    That lunch sounds so very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is such a pretty cat! I'm gone one day and I miss my Charlie so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful glossy cat to brush ! I was brushing my brothers 18 year old cat today and she always gets a bit carried away and gives you a little nip .... I always fall for it too !
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A well-loved black beauty. =)

    Yes, that spot looks worthy of return visits... lots of them. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the fact that you and the retired guy always look so happy and content...
    Good for you....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete