The weekend will fly by as I am busy running this way and that.
Lots of gorgeous cats to care for and pamper to my heart's content.
Jo from http://memorablemeanders.blogspot.ca/ asked if I go to the homes of the cats that I care for and the answer is "Yes, I do."
I run a cat-sitting service for 'stay-at-home' kitties so there is no need for them to go to a kennel while their owners travel.
It is a well-appreciated service in our area.
Here are a few reasons why I think this is the best option for your cat.
1. They are able to stay with all their familiar 'stuff'.
2. With two visits a day their day goes by quickly since they sleep much of it away on their familiar beds and chairs.
3. No cage...that's a big one.
4. They are safe from any illness that might break out at a kennel.
5. I (as the sitter) can spend as much time with them as I feel needed.
6. Most times a radio is left on with soft music, always lights are on timers and the home is kept at a comfortable temperature.
7. They have their favorite windows to sit in while waiting for their sitter to arrive.
8. Their 'favorite cat-sitter' will keep their owners up-to-date by email on how they are doing.
9. And, because they are at home, if there ever is an emergency, their familiar veterinarian is usually the one closest to their home.
10. I don't think they can spend time with anyone who LOVES CATS more than someone who has chosen this type of work. (If you can call it that ;-)
So, there it is. I started this service because I wanted it for my own cats twenty years ago and realized that there was a need for this in our area.
IF YOU CAN'T BE WITH THE CAT YOU LOVE
LOVE THE CAT YOU'RE WITH.
And I do love to photograph cats so I now have a beautiful collection of some of the most gorgeous cats in the world.
I'll show you some of my favorite photos next time.