Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Beauties and Broccoli

The pace has picked up again and I am busy with lots of cats including a diabetic little lady. Her name is Emma and I love her. You'll meet her soon.

I have tabbies, greys, a calico and a tuxedo. All gorgeous and cherished family members. It feels good to see cats cared for and loved so much.

Just a peak at one of the beauties of this weekend.
                                               Willow

The rain is behind us now and we are in for a nice weekend weather-wise.. But..my house needs attention so I'll be working inside more than out. But, before I actually clean I always play a bit with my step-back cupboard. Are you starting to think this cupboard just might be the most precious 'object' I own? You may be right. Remember, it took me three days of driving all over this area, from town to town, to find the exact cupboard I wanted. I pictured it in my mind, and low and behold, I found it in Kemptville, Ontario at an antique shop called Country Side Antiques. I will be going back this summer because it was one of the best antique shops around. It had barns full of beautiful pieces and nicely arranged so you could actually see everything. A wing of the farm house was also made into a shop which is where my cupboard was sitting. I will always remember the feeling when I first saw it. "Well, hello gorgeous. You are coming home with me." 


Fact...
Broccoli provides you with a good source of daily protein along with many vitamins, fibre and nutrients.
And no fat.

Read this...

You can easily turn broccoli into a dish that delivers complete protein by pairing it with whole grains such as brown rice, barley and quinoa. Steam or stir-fry broccoli and add roasted walnuts, pecans or sunflower seeds for a side dish that also has all the amino acids. Of course, cheese is a complete protein, so topping broccoli with low-fat cheese automatically boosts its protein power. Another option for turning broccoli into a quality protein is to roast it with potatoes and carrots.

That broccoli is something else, right.
There's your food lesson for the day.
hugs, Deb

9 comments:

  1. Willow is so pretty =)
    Thanks for the broccoli ideas! I try to steam mine and then sprinkle some feta cheese over top. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a little sweetie!
    I love broccoli.
    I'm so behind on my blog reading.
    I must catch up with you!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made some broccoli soup--good lesson and beautiful cat, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your antique step-back cupboard. Every detail in it it´s so gorgeous: the colour, the upper scalloped detail, the antique drawer pulls and your lovely white China in it! It took you three day but it was worth it!
    Great tips about broccoli it´s a very healthy vegetable specially for women to prevent some diseases...I prepare a Quinoa broccoli risotto that is delicious! I also love pecans Thanks for sharing this food lesson!
    Beautiful Willow what were you looking at?♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willow's a cutie!

    I rather like broccoli... topped with cheese or a white sauce. And I'll have to remember that antique shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had broccoli last night for dinner, and for lunch in my salad today.

    Your cabinet is lovely. We don't have many stores selling such stuff and when it is available it is very pricey, often far more than new prices.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Willow is lovely! More pix, please. I love broccoli too.
    There is a chain restaurant , the Outback Steakhouse that makes the most delicious broccoli. Looked all over the web and couldn't find a recipe that tastes the same.
    Main course yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love broccoli as well... raw or just slightly steamed to still be crunchy. Yum! Oh Willow is beautiful!

    And I adore your step-back, especially the little board that pulls out - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete