Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

in the blink of an eye

Our oldest baby is having a baby soon.

Over 30 years have gone by in the blink of an eye.
8 months 1982                             6 months 2013   
The excitement is growing..and growing and growing.

Yet, in our excitement, my heart goes out to all those families who have lost loved-ones in the Oklahoma tornado.
The children. When I think about them I can barely breath.
My heart aches for those parents.
It's unthinkable.

We must count our blessings.

hugs, Deb




8 comments:

  1. Yes, time does fly. We in Tulsa, two hours east, are okay. Moore has been hit a number of times. Tragic.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb, I know how you feel. I am so blessed with my children and my Grandchild and to think of the families that have lost children breaks my heart!


    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter was born in 1981, and she is due in September.
    And yes, we have much to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart breaks for these young children now gone.
    Your daughter looks radiant, congratulations !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something magical happens when 'your baby is having a baby...'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter looks so lovely! Still slim and trim. And weren't you the cutie-pie mum to be!

    Have been praying hard to keep my self from angrily asking why.


    ReplyDelete
  7. What adorable pictures from one of the most special moments in a woman's life! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Last year we suffered a tornado grade 2 in Ituzaingó Bs As...never in a hundred years took place something like that so devastating...so terrible...though I understand the climate is changing and so on I can't put up with all that suffering and destruction...
    All my prayers and blessings for the pleople in Oklahoma♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any children- that I know of- but I found it disconcerting to discover at the funeral that a couple of my cousins now have children who are taller than I am. And here I'm six feet tall, looking up at them.

    ReplyDelete