Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Let's go for a walk with Kane.

Kane and I left early for our walk today 'cause the old dog can't handle the excessive heat anymore. I'm talking about Kane here. ;-b 
First we came across a 'cat in window'. Or is it a 'cat on window', 'through window', 'out window'? Call it what you may.
We kept our distance so not to startle it. The owner was there and didn't seem one bit concerned. :(
I could tell this was a daily activity for this cat.
We carried on. What a gorgeous day it was.
Everything is in full bloom.
Especially the weeds.
"Oh, hello kitties."

The gold cat looked ancient. I expect it is in it's twenties. We headed down to the river to watch the geese and ducks. The water was moving very fast.

This is one of Kanes' favorite things to do.

We crossed what used to be the old railroad tracks
I miss hearing the train everyday

and then 'Home again, home again, jiggity jig.'
Well., that took one hour and we are both ready for lunch.
After a piece of cheese, of course.
For Kane.......not me.
hugs, Deb

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you had with Kane. Looks like spring has finally sprung!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring may take it's tome coming to you there, but when it does - my goodness, it is beautiful! That was a fun walk with Kane... cheese, please!
    Love,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Kane live in a lovely place to take a walk...thank you for sharing it with us..

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Kane, my heart stopped when I saw the cat in/on the window! We had a cat (Eliot) who snuck out onto the window ledge when we lived in Scotland...she frightened me so much as we lived by the side of a big drop!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I do hope that kitty on the window sill will be ok that is scary to see ! A wonderful walk you and Kane had . Thanks for taking us with you . Lovely photos ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, our nerves! We worry about kitties on sills. They loose their balance too!
    Kane is such a dear dog. Happy to go for a walk and even happier to go home.
    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely way to start your day. Miss Pops would love to sit up so high, but our house is only one story high, so she has to make do with sitting on the neighbours shed.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely pics! I love hearing the train go by, so I understandwhy you miss it.

    If you want to see how Dutch is doing, check out my friend's blog:
    http://willieschwandt.blogspot.ca/2013/05/this-post-is-dedicated-to-our-beloved.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you and Kane were providing entertainment for the cats along the way. If they blogged you'd probably be in their post for today. It's a lovely area to walk in. Hasn't a week made such a wonderful difference in our weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the tour/walk with you and Kane. This is such a gorgeous time of year to be outdoors. We are having heavy rain here in GA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite a place to stroll through!

    That's a commanding position for a kitty to have, perched up high, her eyes on everything...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful flowers... and what great radar you have for spotting those cats in windows. Although I think I would freak out if any of my cats took to lounging on a high outdoor sill like that!

    ReplyDelete