Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

And up this week...

Time to show off my stay-at-home kitties this week.

First up, the charming and oh, so handsome Billy.

Just looking at this guy tells you the type of personality he has. He is a poster cat...loved by many.

I finished up with my 'challenging' cats, Flash & Quincy. Each day I saw progress as they took little baby steps towards trusting me. I was able to pet them and massage their backs. They just need time to heal and they will be ok. I smile just at the thought of the wonderful home they now have. They have a road ahead of them but I have no doubt they will be relaxed & trusting family members soon.

Their deck is always active with pigeons, squirrels and all kinds of song-birds. What a gorgeous garden they have.



and the elegant Ebony.

How I love caring for this cat. She is so sweet and just a little mysterious.

And I must show you, once again, the lovely Dominique.

We have been spending quite a bit of time together. She is alone so when I arrive she has had time to gather up her brush and toys and sits ready for a time at the spa.
She loves to be pampered and I love to pamper her.

I also cared for Parker, Jennie & Willow, Otis, Rosie & Lola.
I'll post photos soon.

Sadly, we lost little Emma a few weeks back. She was the little black and white diabetic cat that I so fondly wrote about. Her owner dropped over to tell me that they had to make the difficult decision to let her go after discovering that she had a tumour and was not doing well. I held it together but cried when she left. Emma had been in my care for years and I will miss her so very much. I guess there is a down-side to every job and this is surely it for me.
Rest in Peace,  darling Emma.
hugs, Deb

13 comments:

  1. Rest in peace, Emma...

    The rest of this lot are indeed adorable. It might take Flash and Quincy awhile, but they'll get more used to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad about little Emma. It is always heartbreaking when we lose a friend.
    Your photos of the kitties today are so great. What a joy to know all these cats, quirks and all. Dominique has amazing markings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about Emma. So sad.
    I enjoyed these sweet pics today. Rocker, my newest rescue, has been to the vet twice lately but is doing better now.
    Hope you will enjoy the upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so sad to hear about Emma.
    Love the photos of your charges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, sweet Emma, a life well lived,and loved.How all cats should be.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful Kitties! I love that Flash and Quincy have so much security and love to look forward to. Oh that is could be that way for them all!
    Love,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are sad to hear about Emma. One gets attached so quickly.
    Glad to hear Flash and Quincy are progressing :)
    Love Dominique's face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never get tired of your cats shots, keep em coming
    Briony
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the "twins!" (I know -- they aren't!) I'm so very sorry about Emma, though. Love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart goes out to you with the loss of Emma--I know so painfully how losing a pet effects us. You have so many wonderful "clients" and I know you find joy in your work; hold on to that, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!...
    Have a delicious weekend!

    ReplyDelete