Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Neighbourhood cat and lots to celebrate

I love seeing this cat on my morning walk with Kane.

I can count on him basking in the sun or just comfortably escaping from the rain. Although he looks loved, I expect he is a bit of a scrapper.

The weekend will be a busy one and I have a full calendar of cat-sitting next week.
I have new kitties to meet and some regulars to enjoy again. You will meet orange and white boys, calicos, brown and white tabbies and a grey/white oldster.

We are expecting a beautiful weekend weather-wise. This is a birthday/Father's Day weekend for us to celebrate as I was born on Father's Day many, many moons ago.  The kids always celebrate big.  I was asked once if I shared a birthday with anyone famous. So I checked and apparently I 'eat cake' the same day as one of my favorite tv characters, Carrie on The King of Queens,  Leah Remini.
and the talented Helen Hunt

I also share 'the big day' with the author (Xaviera Hollander) of 'The Happy Hooker'. I read that at age 70, she is still happy. *half grin*

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I wish all you great dads a  "Happy Father's Day".

hugs, Deb

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Deb! It's fun to look up who you share birthday's with; my favorites are Elizabeth Cady Stanton (who, with Susan B Anthony) was responsible for women, finally, getting the vote here in America and Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco. We have our grandson visiting and the weekend will certainly be like this week has been, bull of activity, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful birthday / Father's Day weekend Deb! Can't wait to see all your charges next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many Happy Birthday Wishes to You! Celebrate!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy impending birthday! I hope the whole weekend is a fun one for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look like a happy cat!
    Wishing you a most wonderful weekend Deb ~ I hope you have some fun!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Deb ! Love the ginger and white tom ...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you!

    And what a striking looking kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy birthday, Deb! Can't wait to meet the cats.
    Enjoy your fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pose is pure bliss!

    Do have a glorious birthday -- I hope you are feted and celebrated for many days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Deb! I can see that the Birthday/Father's Day celebration would be big... :)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Deb! Hope and all the fathers in your family have a great weekend.
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Deb, I hope you have a lovely weekend with loads of cake!!!!

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to you and many happy returns of the day! Happy Fathers Day to the retired guy too,
    Everyone thinks my Willie and my Holly must be scrappers because the scratches on their noses. In reality, both are the recipients of scratches because they are mild and gentle.
    There is "something" about a big ginger cat, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Happy Birthday to one very lovely cat lady.
    :)

    ReplyDelete