Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Country Side Antiques

One of my favorite antique junkin' places to visit is Country Side Antiques in Kemptville, Ont.

Driving into the driveway you are right away drawn to the pretty gardens and all the antique treasures clustered here and there. 
There are two out buildings that hold many items along with a room full in a section attached to the beautiful, Victorian farm house.


You are met by Bo the dog and four friendly, indoor-outdoor felines


Oh, a distraction.
Did I mention I love cats? =^..^=




 and of course, the shop owner, Karen. 

Karen displays her antiques in a way that you see everything as you enter the buildings. There is something for everyone and this is where I found my step-back cupboard last summer.

Karen has been in business for about twelve years and is putting together a new website. I'll post it in the future.

So, if you are in the area and want to kick around junkin' for awhile, drop in to Country Side Antiques, 800 County Road 44, R>R>#2, Kemptville.
And while you are in Kemptville, drop in for a tasty lunch at The Crusty Baker on the main drag.

What did I come home with? No amazing cupboard this time but we do have to think over a sideboard we both loved. I brought home two vintage, cast iron, rusty chicken door-stops
(one for me and one for a chicken-lovin' friend) just because (Audrey sniffed it for twenty minutes) and a gorgeous flower pot. The flower pot I'll show you after it holds some flowers.

hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. I bet the cats come running when you walk in......."Hey the cat lady is here"........
    I would love to rummage around in there. Then you'd probably have to pay at the border to bring anything across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great place to while away an afternoon. I love it when a business has cat greeters!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see something in every picture that I would grab up! Oh, what a fun place. The cats are beautiful, though I don't think the Tuxedo one liked having his/her photo taken!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doorstop is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANd I need to check this place out. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Deb, I love your chicken door stops! And I take pics of cats where-ever I go also. Sounds like you had a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such an awesome place! One of my favorite things in the world is antique stores that have resident cats - I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Antique junkin' stores are great places to visit particularly this one: so tidy and cozy and with those beautiful cats welcoming you!!
    In Palermo, Buenos Aires, we have Mercado de Pulgas Dorrego that is an amazing market that sells old pieces of furniture, lamps,pottery and objects from 1920 and they specialized in restoring antique objects and furniture too.
    The cast iron rusty chicken is lovely...I like chickens and roosters a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you'd say Kemptville is near London or Stratford -- two places I plan to visit this summer or fall as I see a friend. Or Niagara -- we might go there! It looks perfect -- and shop cats are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that baby buggie the owner is sitting in front of!! Such a fun place to visit and cute kitties!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the door stop and no wonder you love Country Side Antiques -- run by kitties of course! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this place a few times, but never went in. I'll have to remedy that the next time I'm out that way.

    And the resident kitties look entirely adorable!

    ReplyDelete