Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Molly

This is always a fun movie nearing Halloween.
Hocus Pocus

Just watched it for the third time....and still laugh at these sisters.

My mind has been on a little cat just today named Molly. She was scooped up off the street in our town  this cold, rainy morning by one of my clients and driven to our local animal shelter where, because they are full, she was sadly refused. This little orange cat who has lived on the street for who knows how long and is very pregnant was turned away.  After a lengthy discussion, hoping they could bend the rules because of her situation, my client,  Donna brought her back to town. She is now staying in her sun-room until a foster home can be found. Donna has rescued many cats throughout the years and presently has three of her own. One of her cats, Rosie, is not able to cope with a new cat arriving with kittens in the near future. She is a senior and not well enough for that change in her life. So, kind-hearted Donna must find another solution for Molly.  I spent a good part of the afternoon calling local rescues and may have found help through one that I am very familiar with and know the people who run it. Hopefully, there is room for this poor little mother-to-be and her future babies in one of their foster homes.

Molly

She is so pretty and a very sweet girl. With all the moving around today from street to shelter to an unfamiliar home, she neither hissed or growled once. Please send out good thoughts and prayers for Molly as we continue to help her find a safe and loving home. If you are in my area and can help by fostering this beautiful cat please contact me at debsteckly@catlover.com.

hugs, Deb

20 comments:

  1. Ah,bless her...she doesn't look much more than a kitten herself.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor little thing, she doesn't look more than a kitten herself. We don't seem to have the problem with feral cats here that you have, Daddy is the only one I know of.
    I do hope someone will take her in and her kittens will fine good homes.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These situations have broken my heart so many times. Be it said that I have often taken in strays and tried to integrate them into my cat family--it doesn't always work. I've found that whatever assortment of feline 'residents' I may have, most will adjust to the arrival of a kitten, but sadly, will usually make an adult cat miserable with their heckling. I hope Molly and her babies can be homed and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heart breaking. I wished I lived nearby, I would take her immediately. Poor little Molly. But I am absolutely positive that with your efforts, all will be well for this dear little cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Deb she looks so young to be a Mom soon. Such a sweet girl, I hope she finds a home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice for a Halloween movie. Very entertaining. Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With good hearted and caring people on her side she will find a foster home where she can safely have her babies. She is one gorgeous cat and with her sweet nature she'll make someone very happy. I am so glad there are so many good people around who don't turn a blind eye to the furry ones in need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless her heart. Molly looks like a baby herself. Wishing her and her kitties to be, well .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you like the movie!!! A guy I went to high school with was a producer for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Molly could be the character in a Victorian novel...pregnant young girl with no one to take her in...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor wee mite...fingers crossed that she finds a permanent home soon. Bless all of you for caring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor girl, I hope a foster home can be found for her soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bless her little heart! I hope all works out well for Molly and her kittens. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I do hope little Molly finds her place! Bless your friend for trying to help her. I wish I was near (I'm in California). I have fostered 5 times and have failed 5 times.... Mary A

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope someone is able to take this sweet cat in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am praying for a home for poor Molly and grateful that someone has made sure she isn't alone at this difficult time in her life. It was very kind to take her in when the inn is already full!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bless her. Still sweet despite such harsh conditions. Praying she finds a forever home. Thanks to each of you for your caring hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh she is so young to have already kittens herself .I pray somebody wil give her a good and cozy home
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete