Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

as the days quiet down & "Happy New Year"

Now that all but two of  my charges have their people home after the holidays, I was rather slow to get moving this morning. This home requires just one visit a day so I prefer to make myself present mid-day to break it up for the felines. Then I keep the routine going.
These beautiful cups were a gift from my daughter Jess and Mike. Jess keeps my collection of white dishes interesting and up-to-date. I love them as they will be perfect for hot-chocolate and herbal teas. I have a cupboard full of new teas to try and I am ready to get at it. Today I brewed up a pot of Pomegranate Hibiscus Tea. Delicious!

The fire is burning in the wood-stove and the cats and dog are enjoying the quiet.
We are once again in a deep-freeze here in Ontario. It's too cold to walk Kane so he goes on many car rides throughout the day and runs around his yard instead. Five minutes in these freezing temperatures is enough for him. The poor ferals at the sight are hiding out and only receive dry food these days. I give them lots and two different kinds to please them all. I hear by Friday the temp. will rise and I can give them soft food once again.
                           "BLAH! to freezing cold weather."

I hung out another beautiful feeder for our birds today and put up some fresh suet. This one holds seeds and is placed at the back patio door where Audrey can be entertained by our local birds.
 "Thank you Susan (my walking buddy) and owner of the blog   http://readymadecosmos.blogspot.ca/ for this thoughtful gift. I love it and hope the birds do, too."Your yard is always full of our feathered friends so send some over." (Susan is a knitter so if any land in our yard sporting tuques I'll know they are from her way)

2013 has been an emotional year for us. Our home is still in the planning because of unforeseen issues with our design and designer but we look forward and pick it up where we left off in the spring of 2014. On the other hand, we were thrilled to see our daughter Jess become a mom as we welcomed our beautiful grand-daughter Gwyneth into our family and we enjoy her immensely.
Sadly, we said "good-bye" to our beloved Mr. Ed and just typing this brings me to tears. But that is life as we know it.

We wish you all a "Happy New Year" and thank you for stopping by so often throughout the year. I hope you drop by in 2014 for tea, cat-tips and the goings-on of our family and felines. Audrey is in the mirror every day practicing some new faces for you  that she hopes will 'thrill' you. She's bigger and bolder than ever. Here's one from this morning that she asked to send your way from her
 hidey-hole on the couch.
I have so enjoyed visiting your blogs and look forward to dropping by in the new year.

Do take a peak at Molly's kittens in the previous post.

"All the best, everyone. See you next year."

hugs, Deb

21 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Deb! (Audrey, too). Hope this new year brings many blessings to your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2014 .I don't react all the time but i enjoy your blog so much every day .And what a funny picture from Audrey
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem every year holds joys and sorrows, Deb. Wishing all the very best for you and yours in 2014! You know with those beautiful kittens to make you smile, it is off to a great start! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and your family. Furry ones included!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling very positive about 2014! Oh Audrey, keep making those faces little girl.
    hugs to you Deb!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Deb......and the retired guy!
    Look forward to new posts next year!
    Thanks for your sweet comments over at my blog♥️

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you the very best for 2014!

    I have thought of your home building project this last summer and fall and wondered if you were going to be able to move ahead on it. I hope it is all smooth going from now on!

    I still miss knowing that the Wonderful and so Dapper Mr. Ed is with you... He was very special to me so I can understand how special he was to you. Hugs of comfort to you. Long live King Ed in our hearts... Forever...

    Love,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Happy New Year!! I hope it warms up for the ferals - all ferals should have a warm, dry place to call home, thanks for looking after them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You Deb for making my days brighter with your wonderful blog. Happy New Year to you and your family, human and furry alike.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty tea cup =)
    Hope you and yours have a lovely New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun bird feeder!!
    Wishing you and all your furry friends a wonderful New Year Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! May God bless you and your wonderful family. And may he bless sweet Molly and her dear family. And all of your kitty
    sittees too.
    Ed joins us in the new year in our
    hearts. We so miss your little man.
    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new teacups are so pretty, Deb. I love anything white. I'm feel sleepy just looking at Kane napping. Congratulations on the recent addition to your family. Gwyneth is adorable. Happy New Year! ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so nice of you to look after ferals. Audrey and Kane sure are cute. I love the bird feeder!

    Happy New Year! I hope 2014 is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a Happy New Year and keep on your good work.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy new year to all there. I don't doubt that with the temperature where it is there that Kane wouldn't want to be outside any longer than necessary. We would feel the same if our washrooms were unheated in that weather, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love tea and cats too. We will get along very well.
    Hibiscus tea would look just beautiful in a white teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is the hidey hole comfortable, sweet Audrey?

    ReplyDelete