Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

We lunched, we shopped...

Almonte, Ontario is a great little town to shop at Christmas. It`s quaint little stores and beautiful galleries brought my friends, Natalie and Ronna to our neck of the woods once again. We brought my walking buddy, Susan from Zaza`s Corner http://readymadecosmos.blogspot.ca/along this time so the ladies could meet and we had a great time.
Natalie, Sue, Ronna and me

We lunched at the Robins Nest, which I recommend highly but do get there early if you have to have their butterscotch pie, and then shopped `til we dropped. The ladies went home happy and content that they had `checked off`` many on their shopping list.

I am still coughing from my cold but may I just say this...``I will not run out of honey for many months to come.`` It will go in my tea, on my toast and I know I will benefit from it`s goodness.
Natalie came bearing gifts of both liquid and solid honey, home-made soap, David`s Tea and a lovely cook-book put together by her favorite local animal shelter.
Natalie is one of the most talented women I know. She is an artist, raises bees, chickens, ducks, makes her own amazing soaps and I just found out today she also plays the piano. Geesh.....
I love Ronna`s artwork and she gifted me with this adorable hot plate with the image of her Matzoh Man (her ginger cat) on top.He was a stray that came to her for food and shelter and with time she was able to get him into her home. He is now a happy and contented house-cat.
Aw....I just love this. Gwyn loves it, too. It`s going right in my kitchen.

Another sweet little painting from Ronna will go on my bedroom wall. I`ll show you in a later post.
And she knows my love of dishes and brought me a thrifted white plate to add to my collection.
Wow...it really was Christmas for me today.

Don`t wait so long to visit again, ladies.
Drop by to meet Natalie at http://knatolee.blogspot.ca/ & Ronna athttp://ronnas.blogspot.ca/

Then it was off to pamper Caesar and his side-kick, Ace.
Look how handsome this guy is and he`s a love-bug, too. We spent half an hour just snugglin`on the couch.
                                                  Caesar
                                           Shy boy Ace
I have another beauty to care for this weekend. You`ll meet her soon.

hugs, Deb


10 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like you ladies had a great day ! Lovely photos . Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caeser and Ave are just too sweet :) Nothing is better in this cold weather than cuddling with a kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like you had fun!

    Caesar and Ace look like grand cats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a perfect ladies day and what wonderful Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than holiday shopping/eating with friends. Sounds like a Merry Christmas early celebration -- you hit the jackpot with the hot plate and the new plate -- not to mention honey, soap et al. Lucky girl! Caesar and Ace are very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a perfect day with great friends, good food, and gifts! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great day with friends!
    Love Matzoh Man! He'd look splendid in my kitchen.
    Ace and Caeser are as cute as they come. You always manage to get such great photos of the kitties. All I ever get is heads blurring and tails swishing as they leave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always have a great time visiting you! Thanks for such a nice day. And thank you for all the kind words above. Let me know when you run out of honey! :)

    ReplyDelete