Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

A pristine pot






After a busy morning of cat pampering, it's time to sit awhile and enjoy a cup of tea in a beautiful, new to me, tea-pot. This, along with many other pieces of glorious pottery, was a birthday gift from my youngest daughter. She found it in a thrift shop in Ottawa and it was obvious that it had never been used. It is a perfect pot with a beautiful glaze, perfect pouring spout, bamboo handle and has a special addition to it that makes it unique.  It is signed by ANNE. It is not dated but I expect it is from the 80's. Our Annie sits next to it and purrs.
I love it's fat little belly which is another similarity to my Annie. *wink*
I could not have ordered one more perfect. Annie felt it only fitting that she model with it since her name is so close to the potter's. It also matches her green eyes.


It's one more beautiful addition to my home.
Time for tea;
in my pristine pot and steeped for 7 minutes.
Won't you join us. 

I'm joining Jan at http://jannolson.blogspot.ca/ for Share your Cup Thursday
and Home Sweet Home at http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.ca/

hugs, Deb

10 comments:

  1. What a great thrifty find that teapot is.....
    Perfect for you....
    Did you get your tablet yet?
    Enjoy your day....I have Miss V asleep upstairs♥️
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new pot. You will enjoy it. I think the hand thrown pots make a great cup of tea. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of it. And since Annie approves, it stays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift! Lovely teapot and Miss Annie is a purrfect model!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie does seem to like the new teapot as much as you do! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new pot...and of course who would not love Annie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely pot! And so appropriate that Annie helps to model it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tea pot! Your daughter found a great treasure - happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous pot! What a great find and gift. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Both Ann and Annie did good! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty pot.
    Thanks you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete