Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

It remains a favorite.



I have lots of tea-pots but I love this one for two reasons.
It's pretty and it pours perfect. No spills whatsoever.
That's not common for tea-pots as most of them do not pour well.
When you find one that does,  it's a keeper.

I can't say it's my favorite tea-pot, though. No, the one that is most special is very unique (or maybe odd, you may think) and a little messy when pouring.
Plus the little frog on top has taken a tumble and will never be the same again. He's glued back on top but is missing a leg.
Still, it remains my favorite.

I bought it while shopping with my friend Christine in a little shop that no longer exists. It was pretty funky-looking, and I thought I would just sit it on a shelf as a conversation piece,  but it became a very well-used pot. 

We shared many a cup of tea from it and solved the problems of the world.
Chris always picked that pot. She just liked it.
Chamomile with honey was a favorite.

We lost Christine to cancer four years ago. She was far too young; only 52.
So much left to do.
2004

I miss her and I'm so happy to have wonderful memories of her, sitting here, having tea and laughing a lot.
She had a fabulous laugh; one I'll never forget.
Not in a million years.

hugs, Deb


7 comments:

  1. Cancer can be so merciless, too many times.

    And time doesn't always heal wounds. Particularly the loss of a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to love a non-spill tea pot!

    So sorry about your friend - she will stay in your heart forever with all the wonderful memories you have with her.

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable room! Love all the colours and fabulous details. Great job!
    lovely-white-dining-room-ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have fond memories of lovely Christine - I can see you shared many special tea times together enjoying your lovely collection of china and teapots. My favorite is one of my late mum's which I brought back from England - it holds many memories for me, and has held an awesome amount of tasty teas over the years!

    Speaking of which - I'll be sipping tea in England tomorrow! Crossing the pond tonight and meeting up with dear friends for afternoon tea and dinner before embarking the ship on Thurs. I'm getting excited!

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too shared a *tea time* every Wednesday with a dear friend who is now gone. I can't use that teapot or even some of her favorite cups (she'd pick the one she wanted to use that week) without thinking of how much I miss her. But that's life... and at least we get to keep all the wonderful memories...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost a friend to a brain hemorrhage and miss her fiercely. It's nice, though, to remember special times. I love that little frog and spider web pot!

    ReplyDelete