Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

lions & dragons

The day started early, 6:10 am, when Audrey stretched and then promptly fell off the bed. Once her paws hit the floor she was ready for breakfast. She is a master at 'stomping'.

It's odd, but because she was so young when she came to our home with her mom and siblings (they were 2 days old)  TO BE FOSTERED, I still think of her as a baby and she is now almost three years old. I took a photo of her at 3 months when I first discovered 'the lion face'.



The wide, flat nose and the huge paws


This was her ..."I'm never leaving this joint" look.
Nuff said!

Well, since I was up too early, there was lots of time to make the daily smoothie. Here's what went into it today; dragon fruit, pineapple, watermelon, banana, cantalope, 1/2 apple, frozen berries, a little greek yogurt and lots of ice.
Delish!
If you've never tried dragon fruit it may be because of it's looks. They look  a little odd and maybe hard to get into but you need not fear. Just slice it in half and scoop out the insides. It has the taste and texture of a kiwi.
Here are the health benefits.
I must admit I thought it would have more flavour, but it doesn't matter if it is thrown in a smoothie. It's fabulously healthy.

And so is that sunshine out there this morning. Time to get out and walk the dog.

Enjoy your Sunday.
(source)

hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. Audrey has a lion's heart and attitude too!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Audrey as a Lion comparison! And funny how she clomps around. Lizzie is coming up on her second adoption date at the end of this summer and boy, has she settled in. Now that she figures she's "safe" she's starting to both cuddle down and test the waters of escaping outside. The first I love; the second, not so good! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lions and dragons ... the perfect start to the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Deb, its the flat nose and the eyes. Always enjoy pics of Audrey.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey is a such beautiful little lion
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just noticed Dragon Fruit at the grocery store the other day and wondered what it tastes like...thanks for the info!!! Audrey does resemble her ancient ancestors!!! And I love the fluffball at the bottom of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's an adorable and fierce lion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she DOES look like a lion.....or, I should say....Lioness!
    Very pretty cat....
    Hope you had a great weekend...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her lion like look has always been intriguing. That, combined with her incredible facial expressions, makes her really special. And goodness, that personality! Maybe someday you'll do a series of books for early readers staring our girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit that the dragon-fruit looks scary - but then so do my cats when they are in some of their moods...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Audrey is such an adorable lion! Love her gentle eyes and big paws :-)
    I've never eaten dragon fruit before. Not sure if I've seen it in grocery store, either. That does look very unique and I'm quite interested!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've bought the yellow-skinned dragonfruit a few times and I think it has more flavour. But I don't see that version as often as the pretty pink one.

    I cannot believe Audrey is almost three!!

    ReplyDelete