Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

An early summer, perhaps & a recipe.

It's so hot and sunny these days. Sometimes you have to stop and remember that it is still Spring until June 21st. Sue from  Zaza's Corner,  http://readymadecosmos.blogspot.ca/ and I are back to our 5km walks and it feels so good.
And I am busy with cat-sitting this week. I'm here, there and everywhere. I am driving every which way and loving all these gorgeous back country roads.

I was looking through my camera and discovered a recipe I had photographed last Fall.
Another yummy loaf cake.
Blueberry loaf cake, I'll have you know. 
So, yesterday I baked it and it looks like a keeper.
And, it tastes like a keeper, too.
I really loaded it with blueberries.

This will be good with coffee or tea so that means you can have it for breakfast.
I know I will.
Did I ever show you the bread board that slides out of my step-back cupboard? Pretty cute, huh!

or

Blueberry Loaf
1 1/4 c flour
1 /2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
Mix together

1/2 c white sugar
1/4 c soft butter
1 large organic free-range egg
3/4 c plain Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp vanilla
grated zest from 1/2 lemon
Mix together

Fold in wet ingredients to dry ingredients
Stir only until mixed
Toss 3/4 c blueberries with 1 tsp flour
Fold into batter
375 degrees
50 - 55 minutes
stick toothpick inside to test if done.

These can also be muffins
Bake for 18 - 20 minutes 

So good for ya!

It's another glorious day today. Off to kitty-sit.
I have 8 kitties to care for and 2 you haven't met yet.
The camera is packed. :)

At home, with the smell of blueberry loaf lingering in the house, Sierra has decided to take a 'me day' and do some loafing herself.
She's very good at that.

hugs, Deb


8 comments:

  1. Sierra looks quite contemplative.

    I love blueberries so I would enjoy that loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loafing sounds good to me ... getting hot and humid here and a nap in the afternoon is a must. ... right after a piece of blueberry loaf! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to take a walk with a fellow blogger...
    Loafing...and loafs are delightful...
    Enjoy your day....raining here
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! You are teasing us with talk of more cat photos! Sierra is a pretty kitty; I'm a sucker for stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blueberry cake looks wonderful...great minds do think alike; I made a blueberry snack cake today:-D Enjoy your sunshine and great friends to walk with, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blueberry loaf looks delightful, Deb! Hope you are having a good week (despite the rain - send some our way, would you please?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummy yum yum!! I may try that recipe - love blueberries!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. At this very moment I´m preparing that delicious loaf! I do love cakes with yogurt and lemmon zest in them and of course blueberries ! Thanks for sharing!
    I haven´t noticed that your pretty step back cupboard had a secret & useful compartment!
    Sweet Sierra enjoy your loafing today!

    ReplyDelete