Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Dressing up the mouse house.

What a glorious day it was. Far above normal temperature for November in Ontario.
We took advantage of it, and while I raked more leaves around the area where the perennials will grow next year, the retired-guy painted our garage doors 'pound cake yellow'. Doesn't that sound yummy? We will be adding this colour to the window trim if the weather holds out.
Then I finally hung a wreath I had made for me last year by a local florist. I had a vision. Magnolia leaves, burlap and white berries with a rust-coloured ribbon. A perfect addition for the mouse-house with the winter ahead.





What is the one quality in a person that you love the most? I think 'kindness' would be my choice. And you know how I feel about kindness to animals in need. :)))
I`m going to send you over to meet Natalie; one of the kindest women I happen to know. She, and husband Gordon, have rescued animals in need for some time now and her latest post just warmed my heart. =^..^=
I'll say no more...just pop over and meet them and some of the luckiest animals who have found a second chance with this wonderful couple.
http://knatolee.blogspot.ca/


Enjoy your day, 
hugs, Deb

17 comments:

  1. The mouse house is looking spiffy! haha...love the colors and the wreath!
    I would choose kindness, too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...that looks perfectly gorgeous!!
    I can't wait to see the big house!!
    You guys are doing a great job out there...
    You will rival that house in the woods that you love!!
    I have been to that blog...lovely people...for sure..
    Enjoy this gorgeous week of weather...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely..will it eventually be the coach house to your home..because you have mentioned this is temporary?
    It's beautiful!
    I was just discussing the most important qualities today w/ someone..and kindness was my top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Yes, it will eventually be attached to the main house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garage is about the same size as our cottage, ha ha! It looks really lovely and warm, and the wreath is gorgeous. Thank goodness there are people like Natalie and Gordon in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the building and the wreath happy November!

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bc I found your blog, I discovered Natalie's a while back. She is a Kind, warm hearted, funny lady. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sunny day in November is a blessing. Your wreath--and the soft yellow paint--are an appealing combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mouse house is looking so cute!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pound Cake Yellow...how perfect....how absolutely lovely! Bravo! Angels on earth I tell you...kind hearts from anyone who loves animals! Love the wreath too..so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deb,
    I am so pleased to meet you! How exciting to build a new home and a carriage house sounds so quaint. . Your cat is very dear and yes I love cheery coloured mugs and tea too! So nice to meet another Canuck! Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb! I'm supposed to find that cat a new home! LMAO...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a calming colour, the siding on my home is a similar yellow. Love your wreath, it looks lovely and inviting.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS Love the colour of your mouse-house stain!

    ReplyDelete