Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

fickle

I picked our first tomatoes today. Oh my goodness,  they were amazing. Although the tomatoes are still quite small they are plump and juicy. What's left on the plants now are still green and  I'm getting impatient.

Many meals are being served on the deck these warm night. The new barbeque is great and giving us delicious meals.

Mooches are everywhere lurking. 


Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want. 


I am quite perplexed at a change that has happened with our cats lately. Lily (our white cat) and Ed (our seal-point Siamese) have been inseparable for over a year now and when you would locate one the other would be within reach. Something has changed. They are not spending any time together lately and act almost annoyed when one seeks out the other.  The last few nights Ed has been trying to get closer to Sierra who I really don't think even notices his advances. I think he is a little confused and needs a companion. Lily just wants to be left alone or spend time with me. Both are acting fine and don't show any signs of illness but this obvious change is making me scratch my head and wonder what happened. It has been very hot here and I am thinking this may be to blame but the house is air-conditioned downstairs where they sleep so....I don't know??
Could the romance have just come to an end? Has she had enough of him and given him the boot? Did she let him down easy or just send him a text? My poor, old, deaf & toofless Mr. Ed.
How could anyone not love this ol' guy?
                              "She loves me....she loves me not"


Stay tuned for the next chapter of this "Dear John" saga.


Happy 1st day of August
hugs, Deb

10 comments:

  1. Here's the deal: I'll come and cuddle Ed all day in exchange for three meals including your fresh tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, please don't let Ed be lonely. How upsetting! I feel like crying! Do you think Lily is a bit under the weather and may feel warm, too warm to cuddle?
    This is absolutely heart breaking! I love little old Ed. I'm tearing up!
    Do you think if you sat with them both you could get them back on track?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari - I'll do my best but at the moment he and Sierra are sharing a pillow. Could be a new love in the future for Ed.

    Katnip Lounge - drop by anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they are just feeling hot and out of sorts like the oomans. It's affects me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know Ed that women are sometimes acting berry strange , so say´s my dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps Lily is just feeling stressed out for some season -- maybe the heat is it! If she is used to going outside she might not like it.

    Poor Mr. Ed -- he sounds like a real lover, and must be quite confused. You can never quite figure out what's in a ladycat's mind!

    Hopefully, things will return to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Mr Ed! He is such a sweetie. I am glad to see he is cuddling a little with Sierra. I will stayed tuned for the next installment of 'as the cats turn'.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. my tomatoes are ALL still green. I didn't plant til late though. Wish they would hurry up and grow and ripen!

    I agree with Wendy, the hot weather seems to be affecting everyone and every cat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My tomatoes are still green too. This happens every year!

    Poor Mr. Ed... I will never understand cat weirdness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang! So many offers to come and worship Mr. Ed all ready! I'm soooo very late! But I come with no less heart. I would snuggle dear Mr. Ed until he was so sick of me he would beg you to send me home.

    just sayin'

    xoxo
    Ms. Stella's Woman

    ReplyDelete