Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My favorite things

After airing out the house all day and baking banana-blueberry muffins to change-up and add a nice aroma to the kitchen, I stopped over at Lilac Lane Cottage http://lillyanna-lilaclanecottage.blogspot.com to see what Maura was showing off as some of her favorite things around her home. Please drop over there and meet Maura. She has the most beautiful home EVER and is a collector of antiques and gorgeous dishes..she had me at "hello"
Maura's farm animals and cats are a joy to get to know, too. Her photographs of her cats are lovely and always show their character. BUT..even if you aren't a cat-lover (God knows, I'll never know why) you still must stop over and see her beautiful cottage (to die for) and enjoy all her interesting posts.
Now, I liked her last post that showed some of her favorite things and decided to be a copy-cat tonight and do the same.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things.               OK...enough of that.



Just things...
my favorite vase
favorite music box

my coffee centre (I'm here a lot)
favorite beverage cups

My beautiful tea-cup from South Korea
A favorite print in the bedroom

The last Christmas gift from my mom. She passed away in 1997
I'm starting a collection of antique biscuit barrels and always on the look-out for them. This is my favorite one.

Our huge dining-room windows brighten the day
our screened-in deck...also loved by the felines
my dog smelling like a clean dog again.


now that's priceless
So there is a few of my favorite things. I'll bet you have lots of things to show and I know I'd love to see them. Why not Copy-cat today. It's a great way to show off your home and all the little things that make it so special. So now go over and say hi to Maura.


hugs, Deb

11 comments:

  1. I sooo enjoyed this! I adore your taste!

    The coffee station was wonderful (I would be living there lol)

    Adored the cat and girl print..everything!

    I am going over to meet Maura right now.
    Glad Kane is "fresh as a daisy!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection !!!!
    And thank you Deb to introduce your friend to us, I will check it out
    Have a wonderful day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW Deb...you are so sweet!! I just saw this post and it was because one of your followers left me a comment and said she was sent over by you. I just had to check it out! Well that's awfully nice of you and I've had a ball seeing your favorite things. I LOVE that vase..it's gorgeous! I've always loved music boxes but I don't have any at the moment. One day I'll find the perfect one for me. LOVE your coffee center and especially the necklace from your Mom...that is VERY special. That's a neat biscuit barrel...I have one in blue enamel but I love the Dutch man and woman on yours. Don't you just love sunny rooms...your dining room is perfect! You lucky woman you...I hope you've been ejoying your screened porch this summer. And of course last but not least...Kane...what a beautiful fellow. Thanks for sharing your favorite things with all of us and thank you for mentioning me and my little blog! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. I'm going to have to shut my computer down as we've got a severe thunderstorm warning and I can hear the thunder so I better move my butt. Take care!
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunty Deb,
    Mama's sooo jealous of your coffee centre. Exactly what she needs, she said. And I'm singing like Julie Andrew now...purrrrrr *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of the coffee centre =)
    love the screened in deck for the kitties-my brats would love that!
    wish there was someone like here to take care of cats whilst away =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your favorite items.....they'd be mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Biscuit Barrel. Remember, 3 makes a collection! I like the idea of doing a "favorite things" post. Maybe I will do it too.
    I like the Good Earth in the Coffee spot, it is a nice reminder every morning... to give thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks for your comment in my blog!

    How gorgeous is you site. I love all the pics and I can't stop looking at it. Well, you are doing a great job around here..so I am coming back to see more and more!!

    thanks!

    Rafa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great favorite things you have !
    My mom just love your favorite vase and your music box and your and your ...
    She loved all of your favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love your house! It's beautiful and has such an air of warmth and joy about it. And your wonderful kitties and pup make it just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful treasures! And your Mom passed away the same year mine did. Glad you have the lovely last gift.

    ReplyDelete